How investigators tracked down a Modern Warfare 2 cyber pirate

I guess they will stop making games for the 360 as well. Piracy and all

"Well, its EASIER on the PC!!!"

"Leave my 360 alone!!!!!!!!"

"Console are better because you cant pirate them, thus we get better games!"

:rolleyes: Yeah......... dont think so there new jack. They caught the source, but anyone who has that disc already can EASILY post it to another site.

The Point? The publishers and dev houses are wrapping themselves in the cloak of "we lose so much to piracy on PC, we are going console" and low and behold, the shit happens on CONSOLES too...... :eek:

About half that article is BS. Most of it coming from the claims of where the game originated. "a facebook modder cracked the game easily!"

No.

He downloaded it the previous day from someone else, and claimed he did it, which the investigators were stupid enough to believe so they could declare a "win".

Saw it..he's a dumbass anyways.

Regardless...it's out on torrent sites for PC. So, it's been leaked, and people can have it if they really want it, because 360 has been out for a while now (as article said).

good read. glad they caught the guy, even if the damage was already done.

Saw it..he's a dumbass anyways.

Regardless...it's out on torrent sites for PC. So, it's been leaked, and people can have it if they really want it, because 360 has been out for a while now (as article said).

yeah but its the steam copy and is completely unusable.. so i hope all those people that downloaded enjoy the fact that they have a game wasting space and is completely unplayable until its activated on steam.. eg. completely useless..

Last edited:
yeah but its the steam copy and is completely unusable.. so i hope all those people that downloaded enjoy the fact that they have a game wasting space and is completely unplayable until its activated on steam.. eg. completely useless..

Steam games have been cracked before, it's nothing new.

Anybody actually read this story?

They didn't stop anything. You can't sell MW2 discs that only play on modded xbox's. Maybe to pirates with no internet connections. "in position to sell thousands of these." lol.

If he had actually found a way to make a disc that was readable in standard xbox 360's this would be news and you indeed would have stopped a cyber crime. They managed to stop a kiddie copier.... One that was too poor to buy a legit copy of MW2 to copy at that (he had to ask for donations.)

The people who"broke" this story are morons, what a catch...HAHAH

Whatta waste of their time...

I agree, they just caught a minor player, and haven't made a dent in anything.

This is just some random private investigation firm (IPCybercrime) that nobodies heard of until now following Rule #1: "Declare victory and go home", as part of a media adverising PR stunt to drum up more buisness.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Piracy to make money yourself is pretty immoral despite my relaxed feelings about regular piracy.

Idiots putting out their details on websites like ebay and craigslist are just morons, got what he deserved.

Back