How I got my Fascinate.

HelioX

Gawd
I had a Droid 1. Upgrade 7/6/11 - $30.

Forget that.

I went to the store, and said I want the Fascinate however I will NOT pay full retail. I opened a 2nd basic line and they activated a dummy esn on it. I got a second phone number. We then xfer my Droid 1 # to Fascinate etc and my bill went up a total of 23 dollars total. Was paying 87 before all of this.

Walked out, out of pocket costs around 100-200...I haven't looked yet and I got my new phone for non-retail price.

NOW my question.

I logged in and suspended my new line for 90 days.

Confirmation - Your service has been suspended. Thank you.
480-xxx-xxx
Device:

Reason for suspending service: Other

Billing Status: Without Billing

You suspended your service without billing :

NE2 and Upgrade Eligibility dates will be extended for the period of time during which your billing is suspended.
For customers on 1 or 2 year contracts, the time of suspension will not count towards satisfying the minimum term of your Customer Agreement.
Service will be automatically restored in 90 days and billing will resume at that time, unless you resume service sooner.
Your bills may show prorated charges to account for the time that your service is suspended without billing.

Hows this going to play out? Anyone else do anything like this?

lol you can only suspend without billing for like 3 months a year or something, you won't be able to get rid of that line without an ETF for 24months, by suspending without billing your not really getting rid of your contract at all just prolonging it.

I'd cancel your original line when i't sout of contract later this year, it's not a huge deal to get a new phone number, rather than add lines like a fool why don't you just get 1-year contracts? You can upgrade after 10months on a one year contract instead of after 20 months, and you only pay $30-$70 more for the phone. Better than adding a line and paying an extra $23 for 24 months.

I did it. All you do is extend the contract by however long you choose. We kinda got screwed. We were told the lines would essentially sit dormant for three months for $15 per line. We were going through tough times so I said ok, I pay $45 now and we get a three month break from a $150 bill. He said yes! He forgot to tell me I had to make regularly scheduled payments during this three months. When I called near the end to get it restored they were like....you owe us $1100 and your lines were cancelled! They ended up taking care of it but I still got stuck with $75 of reconnect fees from a disconnection I never knew happened.

You didn't get over on them, just so you know.

You where paying $87 a month for service on one phone?!?!

My girlfriend will pick up my extra line...in 87 days :)

well thats a completely different thing.....and does that mean she picks up the phone and you keep paying the bill? either way, even if she starts paying it, she could default anytime, it's still your bill

I pay $115 for my unlimited everything + 4g on Sprint :p

You must do some serious talking to need unlimited minutes on a plan that gives free calls to any mobile on any network. I dont think i have used 500 of my minutes in a whole year.

I pay what you pay for 2 lines with smartphones, unlimited data messaging etc. with 1500 shared minutes. With the unlimited to any cell we dont use any minutes, its quite nice.

You must do some serious talking to need unlimited minutes on a plan that gives free calls to any mobile on any network. I dont think i have used 500 of my minutes in a whole year.

I pay what you pay for 2 lines with smartphones, unlimited data messaging etc. with 1500 shared minutes. With the unlimited to any cell we dont use any minutes, its quite nice.

+1

2 Evo's with the 1500 shared (land line minutes as i call them) ~$100 a month.. It all depends on what kinda discount you can work out as well. (corporate, health provider discount, etc). Sprint is so cheap.

+1

2 Evo's with the 1500 shared (land line minutes as i call them) ~$100 a month.. It all depends on what kinda discount you can work out as well. (corporate, health provider discount, etc). Sprint is so cheap.

how big of a discount do you get? Highest I have heard of was 28%

2 4g phones on their 1500 plan is 150, after taxes ~167 to get it around 100 it would be a 40% discount.

2 4g phones on their 1500 plan is 150, after taxes ~167 to get it around 100 it would be a 40% discount.

I dont think he is counting taxes on there. With 28% before taxes its 108 and notice the ~.

108 is ~100 and its still less than people pay for a single unlimited line without discount.

well then its not so cheap after all. I have three phones on a family share plan with VZW. Two are Android phones with $30 unlimited data packages. The other is a dead line basically so we only have 700 shared daytime minutes but because we never use them we got the lowest rate plan. Minimal texting, we dont really text when we have Google Talk at hand. My bill is $150 a month. I have a 22% discount but it's 22% off of the base line base rate of $60. They don't discount the entire bill.....kinda a rip off the way they do it you think you are getting something but it's $60 for primary line - 22% = $46.80. Then they add the $10 per additional line for the two smartphones and $30 per data plan on top of that.....

well then its not so cheap after all. I have three phones on a family share plan with VZW. Two are Android phones with $30 unlimited data packages. The other is a dead line basically so we only have 700 shared daytime minutes but because we never use them we got the lowest rate plan. Minimal texting, we dont really text when we have Google Talk at hand. My bill is $150 a month. I have a 22% discount but it's 22% off of the base line base rate of $60. They don't discount the entire bill.....kinda a rip off the way they do it you think you are getting something but it's $60 for primary line - 22% = $46.80. Then they add the $10 per additional line for the two smartphones and $30 per data plan on top of that.....

Comparing a stripped down plan to one with unlimited everything but minutes makes no sense.

+1

lol no shot

yeah i'd like to see a screenie of your sprint bill. 2 evo's for $100 a month sounds too good to be true

OP seems retarded. If you had a Moto Droid, you should have been eligible for an upgrade after a year (I'm assuming you got it over a year ago since the phone has been out for like 19 months now). If you've had it for over a year, then you should have been able to upgrade it after a year. I got my Droid in December of '09 and have been able to upgrade since new years of this year. I sure as hell wouldn't have spent it (+~$150) on a Fascinate that's been out for like 6+ months and with the Galaxy S 2 phones coming out this summer. Yeah, it's a great phone now, but in a month or two, not so much (comparatively).

Also, I couldn't give a crap if you all are paying $13/month for 8 smartphones w/ unlimited everything. I pay ~$140 for 2 Droids, 1400 mins and unlimited everything else (STFU about caps/throttling too) on Verizon. I'm not poor and can easily afford it. Stop "bragging".

Last edited:
Also, I couldn't give a crap if you all are paying $13/month for 8 smartphones w/ unlimited everything. I pay ~$140 for 2 Droids, 1400 mins and unlimited everything else (STFU about caps/throttling too) on Verizon. I'm not poor and can easily afford it. Stop "bragging".

Which is it?

Also why does buying a 19 month old phone mean its over a year old? They practically give the original droid away now online and you can get them refurbished for next to nothing.

Which is it?

The point is is that the difference isn't significant (to me). So it's retarded to gloat about you saving x dollars on some other carrier that has its own disadvantages in other areas.

Also why does buying a 19 month old phone mean its over a year old? They practically give the original droid away now online and you can get them refurbished for next to nothing.

You can only get refurbs through Verizon last time I checked (months ago, I'd check again right now if I wasn't typing this on my phone) and that's with a contract. If he came back and said he actually went that route, then I'd have to say he's a lost cause anyways since you can get almost any other phone new for almost nothing through Amazon or something similar. Not long after the Droid X/2 launched, they were $.01 on contract. I'm betting that date was the 20 month date for the NE2. Mine says August right now on my profile and I got my Droid in December '09. But when the Thunderbolt launched, I went in store and they told me I could upgrade at NE2 price after a year since I was the primary line. I think this will be the last time they will let me do that though since they changed (or got rid of) the NE2 program recently.

I dont think he is counting taxes on there. With 28% before taxes its 108 and notice the ~.

108 is ~100 and its still less than people pay for a single unlimited line without discount.

Yes, i said ~100 because i'm not 100%, I know it's around there. We (my wife and I) get the health care discount (you have to be a registered health care provider with the state, she's a Dr. and we own a practice), and the gentleman behind the counter also asked us if we owned a pet and mentioned something about a Petco discount (no idea). We have paperless billing and it's auto debited which is why i don't know the amount exactly, i do know the discount is over 20%.

I'd also like to mention there is some shenanigans going on with my Evo as i don't pay the 4g premium so minus ~$7 from someone else's normal bill. Long story but they wouldn't swap my Samsung out, so i got an Evo with a bad ESN and swapped MEID's.

I'll check my bill and report back if anyone is really that interested :p They also have a plan with 750 "land line" that is even cheaper, but my wife makes a ton of calls to land lines so she basically uses the 1500 up and the plan works out well.

Hellz Yeah dood!
You really showed them by signing another contract..

*Thumbs Up, A++ for stickin it to the man!

Back