How high can I volt my 1.35v rated Corsair Dominator DDR4 4000?

• Thread starter Deleted member 72990
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 72990

I'm building the system in my signature and can run the ram at 3600MHz stable, 3800MHz somewhat wonky, and no POST at 4000MHz. They are rated at 1.35v and I run them at that.

I might need to bump up voltage a hair for stability. How high of a voltage can I run these sticks?

1.4v should be safe and enough to know if its going to help
i run my 3200c14 1.35v kit at 1.435v with a 6700k z170 and plenty of people run around 1.8v for benchmarks

Its not the ram voltage that is the issue its the CPU IMC and connections between the IMC and the ram. 3800+ is very hard to get working on motherboards that have more than a single ram slot per channel that is why overclocking motherboards like the Asus Apex boards only have single slots per channel.

a perfect example of this is i have some 4266 1.4v Trident Z B-die ram, my Maximus IX Forumula board can't run them anywhere near their rating, best i ever got to work was 3933 with a lot of messing about with timings, esp sub timings as well as increasing CPU IMC voltage to 1.25v/1.30v VCCIO/SA

now for overclocking comps i have a Maximus IX Apex (only has two DIMM slots and they are jammed as close to CPU as possible) it will post with the same exact CPU first try on full XMP settings 4266 19-19-19-39 1.4v, i've even managed to get a single stick to validate with CPUZ at DDR4-4600 speeds (2300 real mhz) https://valid.x86.fr/en9pks

as for safe daily voltages, 1.45v if your really brave 1.5v but with b-die they can take much more for benchmarking purposes, they are perfectly happy with 1.9+v and dont even get warm, the CPU IMC however can be at great risk doing this long term, I already degraded one CPU IMC trying to push 2V on the ram once or twice.

Back