how forgiving should you be with mining calculators

d.v.

Limp Gawd
just wanted some opinions on this. i realize that calculators cannot adjust for all life-variables that come with mining however it should be some sort of baseline.

so if the calculator says you should mine 800 coins in one day and only mine 600, is that acceptable or do you start to figure out what went wrong?

crypto changes from second to second so any calculator is off the moment it shows you what you should be getting. my patience is 80% and has been proving pretty close to it or above. i've not hit 95%+ yet and have always wondered where those calculators get their numbers from. well, back to more reading and researching.

A good place to start would be to compare your actual hashrate with the one on the calc.

Also, are you mining on a pool and considering fees?

And then of course luck comes into play.

i use the hashrate reported by the pool as my basis for calculation as well as adjust for their fee yet i've never been able to achieve what the calculators predict.

i use the hashrate reported by the pool as my basis for calculation as well as adjust for their fee yet i've never been able to achieve what the calculators predict.

Look at the difficulty of the coin you are mining. Assuming your calculator is based off average, instead of point-in-time, and the difficulty gyrates to where the average is appropriate, you should be close if you are taking a few days worth. Obviously fees from the pool and the mining software need to be considered as well. Plus, as it was already elaborated to earlier, luck of the pool can impact things.

you'd be an idiot to bet anything much on what a mining calculator says. they're never more than estimates but on newer coins specifically the diff swings are really insane.

forgive my late return to this thread but i found out my problem. turns out the pool i was mining at actually had a problem. i was not alone. i have since left the pool and they have since fixed the problem. i have not returned to verify it however the pool operators have stated as much and their hashrate seems pretty decent still so that mean it must be working.

to-date, minus this incident, i've been within 90% of target. i've also discovered the formula behind these calculators as well. difficulty, however, is still a struggle for me on how it changes, still trying to sort out that formula.

I never used calcs. Started straight BTC as long as I could of GPU. Once it was clear GPU wasn't viable with the introduction of ASIC, I created my own Pool Server VM and mined whatever was most profitable that way. Get on a trading site and swap for BTC. Still have few Doge. LOL

Back