Votes: 72 62.6%
  • 4-5 MBPS

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • 6 MBPS + (please post below

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters

ComputerBox34

[H]F Junkie
Just curious. Haven't seen this posted before. This is for the DOWN speed only. Also, if you can, post wheather its a T1 line, DSL line, etc. And your provider if you want. I use Earthlink and I have 3 MBPS.

1500/768 kbps ADSL through Speakeasy.

It's great service. I even have 2 static IP's in my package, with the option to get more at only $6/month. Plus, their Acceptable Use Policy allows you to run Access Points, servers, and even share your connection with your neighbors. :)

1024/256 ADSL from nildram in the UK

with have 1536/256 cable when im at uni next term

3000 / 384 kbps from RR (brighthouse)

too bad they wont issue static IPs to home customers...business class only :/

3 Mbps/798 Kbps DSL connection from the local phone company (cincinnati bell) But it tests around 2Mbps.

And for a litle more, just saw this, they will give "home office" users a static IP, but I don't really need one.

i got a T-1 here, but a Internet 2 back at school which i still have access to even though i graduated. ;)

Which one ? I have multiples:

1.1Mbit sdsl and 2 x 768/1.5's

Total upload: 2.6Mbit/second
Total download: 4.1Mbit/second

Comcast cable..um w00t? While those 56k days of tweaking my absolutely sh1tty erols "28.8" connection are over, I can't help but feel nostalgic about it.

Playing some TA or SC games and getting disconnected cuz the parents are calling: priceless.

Earthlink, rated 1.5 by 128, I only get 512 by 100, I really dislike it. I'm 18,000 feet from the CO, and my house wiring is old. Only reason I stick with Earthlink over a 3.0 / 256 Comcast connection is because the newsgroups on EL beat down Comcast's :)

28.8, just moved into a new house/new subdivision, no cable/dsl in the near future. A lot of free time now though.

2.4 Mbps Download
260 kbps Upload

Charter Communication Cable

I have been reliable thus far, but I have only had it for a couple weeks now.

adi said:
28.8, just moved into a new house/new subdivision, no cable/dsl in the near future. A lot of free time now though.

Have you tried looking at the satellite internet service? It's not the best and you can't game that well with it but it's better than 56k.

University Ethernet... I'm not 100% what hits the internet, but through multiple torrents I can routinely down/up approx 75 mbit at a time. I listed this as "6 mbit+". Since I've been living on campus this summer I've pushed over 15 TB outbound on torrent :D

100 mbit running from my machine to the switches in my building, then on gig E all over campus to our border routers.

im positive now that comcast is upgrading up to 4mbps/384k in the next few months

15 meg chunk of OC-3 at the office! :D
15megs.JPG

If I had an OC-3, I'd have more running than Outlook, FAH, and some "clientele" that's for sure. :p

Nybbles said:
If I had an OC-3, I'd have more running than Outlook, FAH, and some "clientele" that's for sure. :p

Data center right on the other side of my office wall...have the Speedguide gaming server located there, as well as many web/mail servers, and internet access for this building.

edday said:
uncapped(10mbit)/128k cable

You uncapped? Suprised they haven't caught on yet ....we specifically recieved notices that uncappers will be prosecuted.

ComputerBox34 said:
Have you tried looking at the satellite internet service? It's not the best and you can't game that well with it but it's better than 56k.
actually regular satellite internet is horrible for gaming, you have to get 56k upload/Satellite download

Snikku said:
actually regular satellite internet is horrible for gaming, you have to get 56k upload/Satellite download

Yep, at best your ping times will be in the lower 1000's..... :D

Snikku said:

I didn't mean that satellite is better than 56k for gaming, I mean satellite is overall more better for browsing the internet. If your a gamer, satellite sucks. Sorry for the confusion.

AtomicFire said:
Yep, at best your ping times will be in the lower 1000's..... :D

Man, back when I played CS over 56K I could get a ping of 400, he shouldn't get that high of pings.

Deadlierchair said:
Earthlink, rated 1.5 by 128, I only get 512 by 100, I really dislike it. I'm 18,000 feet from the CO, and my house wiring is old. Only reason I stick with Earthlink over a 3.0 / 256 Comcast connection is because the newsgroups on EL beat down Comcast's :)
seems like itd ba a pain dling that slow even if the newsgroups are good.

Back