How fast is T-Mobile's gprs and egprs network?

sparky3009

Gawd
I'm thinking about getting a BB and adding the BB plan with 1k minutes and unlim internet/email/txt. I'm not sure if it's worth $69.99+taxes though. Now I'm paying $39.99 for 600 min, and $15 for txt, which is like $63-64/month after taxes.

I know T-Mobile has the slowest data network of the main carrier's in my area, but does anyone know the actual, maximum and average speed for their GPRS and EDGE networks?

I google'd for it, and the only thing I could find was 70 kbps down with GPRS and 170 kbps down with EDGE. Are those maximum? average? or are they even accurate? and do you think it would be worth it? The BB I have is the 8700g, so no wi-fi but it's the first BB to support EDGE.

Thanks in advance for anyone who knows this information!

Yea, I thought it wasn't going to be out for anothe rmonth or 2 though, and even then I think I remember reading somewhere that it's only going to have 10% the coverage that gprs has... maybe Im just talking out of my ass, but I think I remember hearing that.

Im trying to keep up on too many technologies with school, work, and my cellular/pc hobbies so ya know lol.

Back