How fast does your stock TITAN run?

kindasmart

[H]ard|Gawd
How fast does your stock TITAN run? I'm curious on what people are getting speed-wise as your Titan upclocks itself.

I fired up PrecisionX v4.1 on a secondary 15" (1280x1024) monitor while I had the MMO RIFT full screened on my 24" (1920x1200) monitor. Every in game graphics setting maxed and vsync checked. My HP-ZR24w only refreshes as 60 Hz and since I'm pretty much at 55-60 fps no matter what I'm doing in game I enabled vsync.

My EVGA SC Titan was running at 1045 MHz core, 3005 MHz memory @ 1161mv.

No changes via PrecisionX except for fan profile.

No O/C on my system yet. But soon if I need it.

EDIT: ASIC quality according to GPU-Z 0.7.0 = 70.0%

Last edited:
Mine typically runs at 1058 in games, 2560x1600. Don't know the voltage off the top of my head. Haven't seen any throttling yet.

EDIT: My ASIC is 61.9%

Last edited:
Mine only boosts to 1006mhz stock with the auto fan profile.

Seen others less, which is odd.

ASIC is 75%.

I think there is an 80C upper limit and the custom fan curve is helping people work around it to get higher stock boosts. Gets damn noisy though.

Mine runs at 1019 Mhz with occasional drops to 1006, playing my games at 2560x1440 and using a custom fan profile with EVGA Precision 4.1. The card usually stays at 65-67°C with fan speed at 80%.
Those 1006 Mhz are still way above the specifications so i'm all happy with it, might overclock later on if I need to.

967 after it settles into 79~80C. 67% asic I think. I use naennon rom to run 1097 @ 1.1875v with a just slightly more aggressive fan profile to maintain 76~77C. Damn, my stock EVGA is really low compared to everyone else.

My 2 Evga SC cards will both boost to 1032mhz. That is with the sliders all the way to the right and priority set to temp, albeit I think the drivers are bugged and using the priority/slider does not really have an effect on the boost, as leaving it on default still yields the same speeds for my cards. If I tweak the voltages, I can boost up to like 1085mhz, but the trade off in heat is really not worth the 1 fps boost if that. I already have my fan profile set to extreme, and my top card will usually hit 78-80c with gaming, and that is with an ambient room temp of 74-80f.

Cards are awesome though, as I can chew through most games with ease. I just have to stop obsessing with tweaking the cards, and monitoring the cards with precision's osd, and just enjoy playing my damn games, as that's what I bought the cards for...sheesh

ASIC 76.3% my Titan runs stock at 1006. My first one was 65% (roughly) and ran at 993.. which was a bit odd.

Stock EVGA. ASIC 74.2% and stock boost 1006mhz. Downloaded a custom bios, changed it, and now boost to 1176mhz at 1.212v by default. I'm thinking about flashing memory to +500 as well, so I'll get 1176/7000 in 3d all the time, and can then just forget about it.

I can bench 1228mhz, but it isn't game stable at that clock.

My Asus brand Titan is running at 1019mhz core clock at 1.150v, ram at 3008mhz while running cudaminer at full load and the fan set at 60% it is at 70C and the power usage is normally around 80%-85%

ASIC quality is listed at 73.1%

I can fun it slightly higher but I kinda want it at 70c or under and it isn't really gaining me more fps in games @ 2560x1440 or better hash speed.

I actually think the ram is fairly close to max on most cards out of the box but the core has a lot of room to boost if the temps and power use are ok.

I'm looking forward to more games taking advantage of the extra vram and fp64 potential.

My max boost is 992MHz, usually settles around 979MHz if I increase the the temp target to 85C.

If I have it at stock temp target of 80C, it usually jumps in steps between 837MHz and 979MHz during gaming, which is a real pain on any demanding game as the fps varies something like 7-10 during this throttling, so I usually kick it up to 85C temp target and it stops the card from throttling.

My max boost is 992MHz, usually settles around 979MHz if I increase the the temp target to 85C.

If I have it at stock temp target of 80C, it usually jumps in steps between 837MHz and 979MHz during gaming, which is a real pain on any demanding game as the fps varies something like 7-10 during this throttling, so I usually kick it up to 85C temp target and it stops the card from throttling.

There's some on this forum that would have you believe that EVERY single Titan boosts to 1000+ MHz and therefore that should be the baseline measurement of every Titan OC. :rolleyes:

There's some on this forum that would have you believe that EVERY single Titan boosts to 1000+ MHz and therefore that should be the baseline measurement of every Titan OC. :rolleyes:

I've learned they most certainly do not, got an upcoming review, mine is right around the natural GPU Boost state clock in games, which means under 900MHz, by default.

I actually think the ram is fairly close to max on most cards out of the box but the core has a lot of room to boost if the temps and power use are ok.

Yeah I agree with the RAM speed, I can't even get the RAM to run stable with 100MHz overclock, although I don't even see 1fps improvement in any of the games I've tested from increasing RAM speed, whereas increasing core clock speed has very real gains.

I think ASIC quality may be critical in overclockability though. I can get my core up to 1136MHz (992MHz max boost + 144MHz slider boost), it won't go up higher than that, evga precision basically ignores whatever number I enter above that, so it seems clocks are completely tied to voltage.

I've learned they most certainly do not, got an upcoming review, mine is right around the natural GPU Boost state clock in games, which means under 900MHz, by default.

Mine maxes out at 1058 as I've noticed but only on benches for the most part, but during games it usually hovers exactly at 876mhz because I don't have many games that stress it to even 80%. I can't even bring myself to care when it plays all the settings I want at 60fps 2560x1600.

Back