How fast and easy are Corsair warranty returns?

cageymaru

Fully [H]
My nephew's computer just went up in smoke this morning @ 9:30am. I don't see much wrong besides the power supply smells like an electrical fire and I see capacitor juice under the power supply. Everything else looks like it just came out of the store; nothing smells burnt besides the power supply. Going to swap in mine to see if that's it later today.

Assuming that the HX850 has joined the great power supply heaven in the sky, how long does it take for Corsair to do replacements? He's impatient and already spent more than $500 the past month on Steam games to play the moment he gets off the plane tomorrow. Does Corsair do some type of cross shipping where he can send his defective unit to them and they ship one out at the same time?

Thx!

turnaround is about 2 weeks. Faster then most companies not sure about cross swap. On an RMA they need to assess that the unit is actually dead before they would ship a new one I believe.

turnaround is about 2 weeks. Faster then most companies not sure about cross swap. On an RMA they need to assess that the unit is actually dead before they would ship a new one I believe.

Ok thank you!

If you call they'll do an advance RMA. I had my HX750 go out over the summer and they 2-day aired me an advance replacement. Just need a hold on a credit card.

ive RMA a psu and case. came next day UPS, granted i live an hour away from their office.

my 2 year old 950TX bit the dust a few weeks ago. They were quick to approve the RMA, but there was nothing about the possibility of cross shipment online. Turnaround was quick on their end once they received my package (same or next business day) but they shipped an extremely slow version of UPS ground from CA to NJ. Total time from the PSU explosion to receipt of new unit was around 2 weeks pretty much all of it due to package transit time. I'd say it was a very good experience, faster shipping method from them would have made it excellent.

We called and they cross shipped the power supply in exchange for a $209 hold on his CC. It the the 4 - 5 day shipping option. When they said $209 hold on his CC he suddenly became cheap on the phone so I don't know if they have a faster shipping option. :)

The technician only asked us how did we determine the power supply was faulty and we explained that it failed the paper clip test from the Corsair website. It was leaking juice out of the power supply into the case and exhibiting a foul odor. That was enough to get the process expedited.

So 10 mins of reading the Corsair website and forums to get the number, 5 mins to try the paper clip test, 3 minutes to navigate the phone menu and initial hold on the call to tech, then another 5 minutes on the call back to customer service to get it cross shipped instead of regular service. Very fast painless service and a happy customer when we see the new power supply next week. Oh and everyone was from America so no language barriers.

Will let you'll know how the new power supply does when it shows up next week.

Back