how far can i OC my 2.4C using retail stuff if these are my base temps?

mtbaird

Gawd
my idle is about 42C and load jumps to near 60C

i have another HSF but dont wanna bother with switching it out with the retail.

so with the stuff i have right now how much of an OC can i reasonably get with these base temps?

Those are high temps, try 10 to 20 higher fsb. You should definitely install a better cooling heatsink.

yah i know there really high, im not tooo much into OCing though so i dont know about putting the new HSF in

it seems like a risk becasue i dunno i feel like i could damage the chip

The odds of messing up a P4 chip by chaning the HSF is low very very low in comparison to that of an Athlon. I would look into a better HSF for that system. Also, you don't need to get one of the ones that mounts throught the board, you can get one that uses the existing bracket around the CPU, doing that should be fairly easy.

well i have a thermaltake spark 5+ right here, i havent heard anyone talking about it but its copper so that shoul dbe better than retail

and would using the stuff thats already on my new HSF work that much worse than some AS3 i have that i shold get rid of it and put the AS3 on?

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=709023

can you help me with this too?

and the stuff that came on my spark 5 got a little smeared, would that affect anything?

Back