How Does Your IT Salary Compare?

Well i'm a sys admin for about 14 different companies, and it shows me underpaid for about 7g.
Overall it was fairly close though.

Some of these titles are so wide-ranging as to be laughable.

"Technician"? That can vary so much as to be nearly impossible to achieve a good standard deviation. (That's what I'd like to see, not just average, but standard deviation.)

And Help Desk at $50k a year?!? What freakin' help desk people have *THEY* been interviewing?

dam, underpaid by around 10+k... plus no raise this year... our entire Support Center had to take a 8% pay cut to keep our jobs.

I get paid half of what that thing says I should be paid...... too bad that thing doesn't automatically give me a raise.

Underpaid by about $13,000. I knew it... and last paycheck I was short $154 and they were trying to tell me that's what I was supposed to be making, trying to pull a fast one. Bastards.

Well, I'm right on for one of the job roles I do..................unfortunately that means I'm working for free for the other position I fill.:(

I make more than the calc says (don't know how accurate it is, being in the UK), but that's including on-call payments, overtime and bonuses. My base salary is around £9k (=$15k) lower.

shit. i just wish that i can just get my foot in the door. I have a BS in mathematics and AS in IT admin, and im still teaching, and i graduated with a 4.0.

I'm underpaid. What's funny is that I'd make 12k more if I went to work for the Government....

It's funny (in a sad way) that everyone here is underpaid, or at least claiming to be. :confused: There's probably 1 guy who is making millions and is thus throwing off the averages. :p

hmmm, I don't see data center infrastructure in there...but I know I'm way underpaid. been to a interview for less work for double my pay.

Hmm, says im overpaid by double.

Is Arizona considered mountain region?

That's what I used too.

I've never taken any salary survey that said I was making double.

Arizona is full of selfish morons who spend your raise on a new hummer every year then cry poverty in the bankruptcy court.

:D

I don't need this tool to tell me I am being under paid... I would like it to find me another job though..

If a vast majority of IT people who use this tool come out as underpaid, what does that say about the tool?

Most other IT people I know say they are underpaid, but yet agree that the job market for their work is very competitive. Hmmmm.

If a vast majority of IT people who use this tool come out as underpaid, what does that say about the tool?

Most other IT people I know say they are underpaid, but yet agree that the job market for their work is very competitive. Hmmmm.

It says the tool makes money by getting people to fret about their salary...

Hmm, I'm actually just a couple K above the average for my area/work field. That seems really surprising to me actually....

Oh well, now I just need to make sure that my boss doesn't see anything like this since he is currently working on getting my job title changed to raise me up another pay bracket or two.... :cool:

Wow, underpaid $19.5k... with lousy benefits. Please excuse me while I update my resume....

We'd need to see their math behind the tool. If the math is too simple, I'd guess most people would get a result of underpaid.

Back