How Does your Company deal with Client Emails

Yakyb

Limp Gawd
Hi i think i have the correct section however,

Our Company currently requires each staff member to deal with individual Clients via their own staff address, for example a client will request something in the email and the staff member will have to act upon it.

there is no current method of monitoring the total amount of open requests/ type of request / number that have been actioned and the amount of time taken from email sent to reply / action taken

how do your companies deal with this?

How large is your company....or...how many people are "out front" as the contacts for incoming?

How large is your company....or...how many people are "out front" as the contacts for incoming?

the department that at the moment is suffering mostly is 8 people

but potentially we may be talking up to 40-50 people

the department that at the moment is suffering mostly is 8 people

but potentially we may be talking up to 40-50 people

What is the nature of the business? you may be best off with something outsourced like Zendesk to assist in these tasks

Yeah...with that many..and planned growth...I'd look towards a 3rd party utility/contact manager.

With smaller setups, just a public mail enabled folder usually works fine. Communication between staff that share it/have access to it..is a must. I'm not familiar with Outlook Business Contact Manager...which I imagine has some better logging/tracking features in it so others can see who replied to what. I should learn that product...christ.... It's just...nobody seems to use it. Seems like Microsofts attempt at combining Sage Act! into Outlook.

Well, keep in mind ease of use for the users as well... Probably want something transparent to them.
Unless you use some sort of contact manager and make them put notes IE: "5/10/10, Sent Chris pricing on Weapon 11".

I really have no idea though, never done anything like this short of the contact manager (And I ditched that in favor of Shared Contacts on Exchange).

We all have our own individual accounts. However we have another user's inbox (example [email protected]) that we have access to. When interacting with customers we send/receive using that mailbox.

This helps so that if someone takes a sick day, we all see the emails. They get moved after being responded to to a folder named after the customer(company).

Works great for us.

We all have our own individual accounts. However we have another user's inbox (example [email protected]) that we have access to. When interacting with customers we send/receive using that mailbox.

This helps so that if someone takes a sick day, we all see the emails. They get moved after being responded to to a folder named after the customer(company).

Works great for us.

Could be, do you just move the ORIGINAL email there then? Because for one issue you might have a dozen replies... You don't want to count a dozen emails on one issue.

But yea, I've always liked that Public Folder thing... Previous company I was at didn't like that method because it wasn't "personal" enough... So instead emails from the customer go unanswered when someone is sick and forgets to forward their email :rolleyes:

For incoming requests from users, I have an Outlook rule to move all items to the Trash folder.

Works every time.

Could be, do you just move the ORIGINAL email there then? Because for one issue you might have a dozen replies... You don't want to count a dozen emails on one issue.

But yea, I've always liked that Public Folder thing... Previous company I was at didn't like that method because it wasn't "personal" enough... So instead emails from the customer go unanswered when someone is sick and forgets to forward their email :rolleyes:

We move all correspondence there, replies from us and their replies as well. There have been accountability issues when a customer says they sent us a response and have modifed the date inline - if we hadn't kept previous copies we wouldnt have known when they sent us.

All of these are entered in our issue management system as well, but it helps to have a place that if someone wants to check the actual correspondence from - they can, or if we want to go back to a particular email etc, we can.

It works for us, and our processes, but everyone is different.

Back