how does the USB port in the dell 2007fpw work?

frankyk

Gawd
Do I just plug in my usb device and it works or do I have to configure it or what?

I plugged in my Flash Drive and it didn't work, but it works in my other USB ports.

Am I missing a driver or I need to manually set it up??

Did you connect the usb out on the monitor to a usb port on your computer? If not this would cause it not to work. So I would check my cables and make sure that it is connected all the way.

wait, wtf is the point of that?

i have 2 usb ports on my monitor and you're telling me i have to connect a male to male usb from my usb port on the back of my computer to my monitor's usb port?

so wouldn't that make the usb obsolete????

No, you connect the usb cable underneath the monitor where all the other inputs are and you plug that into the back of your computer. You still have 2 monitor usb ports.

It's covered.

It's also pretty obvious by the USB uplink thing for the monitor being right next to the DVI port and the two back USB ports.

You need to connect the USB uplink cable to your computer in order to use the USB hub that is built into the monitor. How did you think data would get from the monitor's USB ports to your computer, through your DVI cable?

MJCfromCT said:
You need to connect the USB uplink cable to your computer in order to use the USB hub that is built into the monitor. How did you think data would get from the monitor's USB ports to your computer, through your DVI cable?

actually yes, briefly (about the dvi cable)

then i realized the answer shortly after i asked that question and then i realized how stupid i was. haha. thanks for the replies.

Back