How does Linux decide if a drive is removable?

B00nie

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 1, 2012
Messages
9,230
Using Remmina is convenient for a couple of reasons. 1. A simple check used to make it fully automatic which is what I'm trying to get back to. 2. I need this share when I'm connected remotely. Most connections are to Windows Server.

When I set Remmina to connect Data2 drive it works like it should. But only for that session. If I disconnect and go to connect again, Data2 shows up in Windows Explorer on the remote system but in Remmina config I see this where previously it showed Data2. In other words it forgetting Data2 and replacing it with (none). That is the problem.

Sorry, I should have stated this in the beginning rather tan assuming I knew what the problem was. My apologies.

View attachment 398280
Did you go to the link I supplied and configured the share in remmina.conf manually? Then it will stick. The original problem had nothing to do with the drive mount most likely, it's a problem of Remmina.
 

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 28, 2001
Messages
2,083
Did you go to the link I supplied and configured the share in remmina.conf manually? Then it will stick. The original problem had nothing to do with the drive mount most likely, it's a problem of Remmina.

Yea, I did. There is no "sharefolder folder" under [remmina].

Using version 1.4.2
 

B00nie

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 1, 2012
Messages
9,230
Yea, I did. There is no "sharefolder folder" under [remmina].

Using version 1.4.2
If it isn't there you need to add it manually. At least that's the case usually I have no personal experience with remmina.
 

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 28, 2001
Messages
2,083
sorta got it working. It seems to stick now but on the Remote box I'm seeing this -

Captur1234e.PNG
 

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 28, 2001
Messages
2,083
Yea. I might just live with it as it is. At least it stands out so I can find it.

And btw, I solved my Linux networking dilemma. Seems the problem was with Net BIOS names. I found a connect to server command and use it specifying the ip address instead of the server name. Works every time now. :)
 
Top