How does Asus survive with such terrible RMA service?

Well I'm pretty much here to mother fuck Asus, the asshats that they are, much like a few of you others are. I won't go into detail on my RMA nightmare with these clowndicks but I'd just like to say that if a meteor fell from the sky, you know where I'd like it to land.

Well I'm pretty much here to mother fuck Asus, the asshats that they are, much like a few of you others are. I won't go into detail on my RMA nightmare with these clowndicks but I'd just like to say that if a meteor fell from the sky, you know where I'd like it to land.

No story no street cred... specially when you scatter the term asshat without regard...

I have had both terribad and excellent rma service from Asus recently.
Gigabytes service is far far worse...not even replying to rma requests....
So where should we go if we run from asus?

They are able to get away with shit due to the lack of better alternatives... hold them to it and make them make it right.
If you let the level 1 tech support toss you around you are not helping the problem... escalate and make the management aware of the issues at the bottom.

No story no street cred... specially when you scatter the term asshat without regard...

They are able to get away with shit due to the lack of better alternatives... hold them to it and make them make it right.
If you let the level 1 tech support toss you around you are not helping the problem... escalate and make the management aware of the issues at the bottom.
Yeah, you can take your level one, level two bla bla bullshit and stick it up someone else's ass. I shouldn't have to have warranted problems treated as if they are not worthy in such a segregated way. And if you want another horror story compliments of these bastards all you gotta do is ask ... because your "street cred" holds no clout with me .

So far I've read in this thread that Asus makes the best products... just as long as they aren't lemons and you need to deal with customer service.

They still have my business.

I've been building systems since the Celeron 300A@450 days and Abit. I build systems for friends, and always try to go with "best gaming buck" type of upgrades. So that means a $150 mobo instead of $300, and the best "cheap but can OC to heck" CPU I can find. I actually used to avoid ASUS just because I would always get a Gigabyte or other board for $10-less for the same specs.

I've had MSI, Gigabyte, Abit, Epox, BioStar, EVGA, you name it. Guess what? Every 965P-DS3 (early C2D best-OC board) Gigabyte mobo I had or built for friends has DIED now with the exception of one older Rev 1.3 board. WTF? These were all supposedly long-life solid capacitor boards! Other brands didn't fare much better. Generally they just work, but when they die it's always out of warranty.

When I went i5 Sandy Bridge, I decided to go with a REFURB Asus P8P67 Pro board. Friends went Gigabyte or ASRock. None of them are happy (various bugs, outdated Bios, etc)

Guess what? My Refurb Asus is the BEST board I have ever used! Seriously! Top notch online guides (thanks to large ASUS following on the 'net), bugs are all worked out via regular BIOS updates.

I've never RMA'd an Asus board, but have had great success with their video card RMAs, just tend to be slow and like dealing with a child. Forget the other brands, they ether flat-out denied the RMAs on a technicality or simply didn't respond any better than ASUS.

IMNSHO ASUSUCKS sure, but when you're dealing with retards in RMA land they are par for the course my friend!

P.S. To the guy complaining about not getting USB3 back on his board, personally I would be glad TO JUST HAVE A WORKING BOARD! Sending a product back 2-3x doesn't "teach" them a lesson, it only makes your own life hard.

Yeah, you can take your level one, level two bla bla bullshit and stick it up someone else's ass. I shouldn't have to have warranted problems treated as if they are not worthy in such a segregated way. And if you want another horror story compliments of these bastards all you gotta do is ask ... because your "street cred" holds no clout with me .

Might want to have that stick removed...
You walk in and call people asshats and you wonder why you get singled out...

And I did ask for the story...but alas...your head is too far up your ass to notice.

I've been building systems since the Celeron 300A@450 days and Abit. I build systems for friends, and always try to go with "best gaming buck" type of upgrades. So that means a $150 mobo instead of $300, and the best "cheap but can OC to heck" CPU I can find. I actually used to avoid ASUS just because I would always get a Gigabyte or other board for $10-less for the same specs.

IMNSHO ASUSUCKS sure, but when you're dealing with retards in RMA land they are par for the course my friend!

P.S. To the guy complaining about not getting USB3 back on his board, personally I would be glad TO JUST HAVE A WORKING BOARD! Sending a product back 2-3x doesn't "teach" them a lesson, it only makes your own life hard.

I disagree ... They warranty you to have a working product... however I wouldn't keep doing the normal rma levels... iDick up there can be an ass to level 1 but its not gotten him anything but pain... Be a fucking squeaky wheel and you will get taken care of.

Kyle said it best.
asus.jpg

Ill leave this here.
http://hardforum.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=120588&searchthreadid=1651650

You can also Old Hippie in there cheerleading for the Asus side. LOL

Here is a few more threads.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1651650&highlight=asus+rma
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1669026&highlight=asus+rma

I think there are good RMA stories with ASUS. I did one couple years ago, timely and got new board back. That was P45 time.

p/s: Oh, The P35 board finally booted, after repeatedly loop POST for the past half an hour.
It just need to retry to find the right clock, I think.

There are always going to be horror stories of things going wrong for no good reason.. I've endured them myself... but when I was doing tech/repairs/builds/rebuilds it was 80/20 customer abuse. No-one ever admits "Yeah, I was screwing in my new drive I just installed and an arc jumped from the PS because I had the system running."

I figure it's only a matter of time before board makers start installing 'watch-dog' chips.. record changes to spec like OCing and voltage mods.. When they get something back on RMA, there will be a record of components being pushed out of spec.. "Sorry, no can do.. would LOVE to help but you voided your warranty. Thank you for playing!"

Customers will start shitting solid gold egg-rolls

So my Asus P6X58D-E seems to have finally died.

It has been giving me cold boot issues and boot issues after saving serttings in BIOS for the last few weeks.

Even resetting the BIOS back to stock settings is no longer working.

I can only get it to actually POST once out of about every 30 or so times I turn the power on.

I have tried different RAM, a different power supply, using only one video card, disconnecting all drives.

I thought maybe the board had fried another CPU, but I swapped the CPU over to my old ASROCK board and it came up right away.

Who wants to take bets on how long it takes me to get a working board back from ASUS?

Heres some unbelievable news from ASUS
>Free mobo repairs for user errors
>Free mobo replace if not repairable
>Free ship both ways

Sounds like Fantasy Island
I assume it starts with new current mobo purchases.
Would like to get some official news on this from ASUS
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120704PD214.html

Sounds like an invitation to market based insolvency. I know that a fair number of the folks who post and/or read these forums are responsible in their O/C attempts and projects, and some always push the envelope... but unfortunately for every one of them there are a dozen 'tech-tards' who do simply because they read what someone else did without regard or respect for the potential consequences of their actions. And many of those are the ones screaming foul in response to their RMA attempts & results.

Basically it translates into "Hey.. just because you don't know what you're doing doesn't mean you're a dumb-ass.. O/C away and WE will pay for it!"

Sounds like an invitation to market based insolvency. I know that a fair number of the folks who post and/or read these forums are responsible in their O/C attempts and projects, and some always push the envelope... but unfortunately for every one of them there are a dozen 'tech-tards' who do simply because they read what someone else did without regard or respect for the potential consequences of their actions. And many of those are the ones screaming foul in response to their RMA attempts & results.

Basically it translates into "Hey.. just because you don't know what you're doing doesn't mean you're a dumb-ass.. O/C away and WE will pay for it!"

Yep, sounds like a really bad idea to me as well.

>Free ship both ways

It sounds good, but I expect that with the demand will come longer wait times and more typically shoddy returns without explanation.

If it's too good to be true.......:eek:

If you buy ASUS products and they break, your best bet is to immediately buy a replacement the same time you send it in.

Then start raising hell on the forums if they give you shit.

My RMA turnaround time was 5 weeks. I got a brand new board as an RMA replacement. 5 weeks seems a little excessive personally, and I couldn't afford to be without a motherboard that long. Fortunately, it was in a spare machine. Lesson learned though. Just buy a new board when you RMA and sell the RMA'd one when it comes back.

>Free ship both ways

Ill explain how this will work.

Day 1
Customer: I fried my motherboard by overclocking.
Asus: Thats now covered under our warranty. Let me send you an RMA number and prepaid shipping label so you can send it to us.

Day 2
Customer: Where is my RMA Number/shipping label?
Asus: It should be sent, were not sure what happened. Please wait we will send you another.

If you actually get through this hoop

If repairable-
Customer: Whats taking so long to fix my motherboard?
Asus: Insert random excuse here.

If not repairable-
Asus: We dont have any boards in stock to replace yours with.

If you buy ASUS products and they break, your best bet is to immediately buy a replacement the same time you send it in.

Then start raising hell on the forums if they give you shit.
If you accidentally buy an asus and it breaks your best bet is to order a new board from a different manufacturer and throw the asus board away and chalk it up as a learning experience.

Gigabytes RMA service is leaps and bounds above Asus.

RMA'ed a Asus W90vp laptop (their top of the line at the time) and got it back a month later in the exact same packaging I sent it in with and all they did was throw it back in the box...the top of the laptop came back with dents and a busted screen. Great service!

Had to RMA a GTX 480 with Gigabyte...took them 2 weeks and they sent me a brand new GTX 580...how exactly is that bad service? Oh, not to mention that it was OBVIOUS the GTX 480 had been tampered with from constant after market heat sink installs...hell, I even lost a couple screws from the original heat sink. They asked no questions. Brand new GTX 580. I'm sorry, but you can't beat that.

I still find it funny that the only defense that Raja@Asus who apparently no longer posts here had over this Asus tech support evaluation was to insult the author.

Asus earned their damn reputation and spending a month or two on the forums wasn't going to fix years of damage to their credibility.

I still find it funny that the only defense that Raja@Asus who apparently no longer posts here had over this Asus tech support evaluation was to insult the author.

Asus earned their damn reputation and spending a month or two on the forums wasn't going to fix years of damage to their credibility.

That article is 5 years old. A lot can change in 5 years to the point where its only value is historically documenting how Asus' customer service was 5 years ago. Whether or not their service is any different should be the subject of a new article.

That article is 5 years old. A lot can change in 5 years to the point where its only value is historically documenting how Asus' customer service was 5 years ago. Whether or not their service is any different should be the subject of a new article.

Thats the reputation that Asus has earned over the years.

Going by my last experience with Asus that was pretty accurate. What I hear on the forums generally isn't too positive either.

I use to buy all asus board but switched over to gigabyte instead. Never again LOL

Motherboard went bad, RMA'd it 2-3 times before they finally agreed to ship me a new one. Same exact thing happened to my X1950XT... they sent me back the EXACT SAME CARD with a new sticker on the back. WTF, finally sent me a brand new card after the third RMA.

I use to buy all asus board but switched over to gigabyte instead. Never again LOL

Motherboard went bad, RMA'd it 2-3 times before they finally agreed to ship me a new one. Same exact thing happened to my X1950XT... they sent me back the EXACT SAME CARD with a new sticker on the back. WTF, finally sent me a brand new card after the third RMA.

sooooo....which company did u have a problem with? your post isn't very clear in this regard...

Update to my Saga.

I spoke to Dwayne at Tier 3 tech support on June 29th. Today is July 5th and I had yet to receive an RMA number to return the 2nd defective board they sent. I called the tech support and was transferred. I'm not sure to what department. The women I spoke to Andrea told me the new board was reserved on July 2nd and is unsure why I didn't receive an email with the prepaid label. She said she would set one up and send it off to me. I emailed Dwayne as well, just as a backup.

Might want to have that stick removed...
You walk in and call people asshats and you wonder why you get singled out...

And I did ask for the story...but alas...your head is too far up your ass to notice.

Who said anything about me wondering about being singled out ? You just make shit up as you go ... wtf. And as far ass goes, yours is so far up Asus' that if they reached around to scratch it, they'd poke you in the eye !

Gigabytes RMA service is leaps and bounds above Asus.

RMA'ed a Asus W90vp laptop (their top of the line at the time) and got it back a month later in the exact same packaging I sent it in with and all they did was throw it back in the box...the top of the laptop came back with dents and a busted screen. Great service!

Had to RMA a GTX 480 with Gigabyte...took them 2 weeks and they sent me a brand new GTX 580...how exactly is that bad service? Oh, not to mention that it was OBVIOUS the GTX 480 had been tampered with from constant after market heat sink installs...hell, I even lost a couple screws from the original heat sink. They asked no questions. Brand new GTX 580. I'm sorry, but you can't beat that.

Because it took 2 months of bi-weekly emails before they even replied to the RMA request.
Another month to get the board replaced.

Who said anything about me wondering about being singled out ? You just make shit up as you go ... wtf. !

WTF is right... If you don't know what words mean...don't use them.

... I shouldn't have to have warranted problems treated as if they are not worthy in such a segregated way. ...

The RMA service sucks... but I have had worse with their competitors who make worse products... Currently id rather have a better product and harrass the shit out of Asus if something goes wrong.
Although given Joe users experience it looks like they both are capable of Great and Horrendous service.

Last edited:
So my Asus P6X58D-E seems to have finally died.

It has been giving me cold boot issues and boot issues after saving serttings in BIOS for the last few weeks.

Even resetting the BIOS back to stock settings is no longer working.

I can only get it to actually POST once out of about every 30 or so times I turn the power on.

I have tried different RAM, a different power supply, using only one video card, disconnecting all drives.

I thought maybe the board had fried another CPU, but I swapped the CPU over to my old ASROCK board and it came up right away.

Who wants to take bets on how long it takes me to get a working board back from ASUS?

send me a PM and I'll help you with that...i'm trying to recall if i helped you with an RMA before or not...anyway, send me a PM and i'll help ya

Update to my Saga.

I spoke to Dwayne at Tier 3 tech support on June 29th. Today is July 5th and I had yet to receive an RMA number to return the 2nd defective board they sent. I called the tech support and was transferred. I'm not sure to what department. The women I spoke to Andrea told me the new board was reserved on July 2nd and is unsure why I didn't receive an email with the prepaid label. She said she would set one up and send it off to me. I emailed Dwayne as well, just as a backup.

Sorry you've had to go through this. I'm already locating a replacement for you. I received your e-mail and will get any other details I need there.

send me a PM and I'll help you with that...i'm trying to recall if i helped you with an RMA before or not...anyway, send me a PM and i'll help ya

Thx. PM sent. I haven't RMA'd anything with ASUS is a really, really long time. Pretty sure I haven't had you help me before.

Thx. PM sent. I haven't RMA'd anything with ASUS is a really, really long time. Pretty sure I haven't had you help me before.

Ah ok. I guess your name was just familiar then. I do have a replacement for you that I'll hold on to while you get me the RMA info. :)

I can't say I'm having much luck with Asus RMA's either.

Sent a board back last month, finally got returned today and I'm greeted by a board that has a broken and tore copper trace/wire torn right out the PCB on the back and the VRMs are blown/budging/leaking too.

Needless to say the board is toast. It really surprises me how you can wait a month for a replacement, only to get a board in such a terrible state. Things fail and that's fair enough, but shipping customers boards back that are visibly faulty is a shocker.

Last edited:
ASUS Support: Send back broken bored... get more broken board in return!

Don't worry, you send it back a couple more times and they'll just send you a box of sand in the mail. That or a mass of busted up old FM radio PCBs.

my experience has been good so far *knocks on wood*

sent in a bad board before I went on vacation. Took about 2-3 weeks for them to repair/replace and it was there waiting when I got back. It was poorly packaged though with not enough padding. Its a used board, a little dusty but everything looked ok. Hooked everything up and havent looked back. Its been rock stable, no BSODs or anything. Even have a decent overclock on it.

I am expecting it to die within a year and of course it will be out of warranty by then. When it does, I'll just upgrade

asus rma service is soo terrible. i rmad my xona hdav, and it took them 6 months send me a new one. and i had to rma my p6t7ws 3 times because 2 times it arrived with broken pci-e lanes from rma

I can't say I'm having much luck with Asus RMA's either.

Sent a board back last month, finally got returned today and I'm greeted by a board that has a broken and tore copper trace/wire torn right out the PCB on the back and the VRMs are blown/budging/leaking too.

Needless to say the board is toast. It really surprises me how you can wait a month for a replacement, only to get a board in such a terrible state. Things fail and that's fair enough, but shipping customers boards back that are visibly faulty is a shocker.

Hello DarkBahamut,
Sorry to hear about that. That definitely shouldn't happen. Do you know if you received a replacement or if the technicians were unable to duplicate the issue(s) on your board? If you can PM me with your RMA info, I will look into this and help make sure we resolve the issues.

Last edited:
I've built 4 or 5 five systems over the years with ASUS mobos, and each one has failed and needed to be RMAed with a year. The latest one was a complete nightmare, and I have all but sworn off future ASUS products because of it. Unanswered emails for weeks, customer support literally not answering the phone and going to voicemail, slow service, etc. The only reason I got the situation resolved was because someone at RRTech had an inside connection. At least I got a free T-shirt out of it, I guess, haha.

I've built 4 or 5 five systems over the years with ASUS mobos, and each one has failed and needed to be RMAed with a year. The latest one was a complete nightmare, and I have all but sworn off future ASUS products because of it. Unanswered emails for weeks, customer support literally not answering the phone and going to voicemail, slow service, etc. The only reason I got the situation resolved was because someone at RRTech had an inside connection. At least I got a free T-shirt out of it, I guess, haha.

Hi Cruiza.

I'm sorry for the negative experience you've had with these RMAs and the issues with customer service and support. If you still have any pending cases or any way I can help restore your faith in ASUS, please let me know.

Last week, I sent an email to ASUS' support team through their site. They promptly responded with a link to their RMA forum and shortly after, had issued me a RMA number. According to USPS, it should be delivered today. Hopefully the turnaround won't be that long.

I had to RMA this board once before due to a botched BIOS flash but I can't remember if I did an Advance RMA or not. That went through without a hitch, hopefully this one is trouble-free as well which I expect will be.

Also, sent you an email, Mason.

It's funny because I sent my netbook in (Eee 1215B) because it had a few problems. The main problem was that I had to put a flash drive and a memory card with the same OS on it in order to boot the OS and install it. The other problem was that the trackpad would "jump around" occasionally. Asus received my laptop and sent it back out on the same day and both of the problems were fixed when I got it back.

I really think it's a matter of luck. Sometimes you strike out and other times you get lucky.

Back