How do you read and burn a IMG file?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
If I have a 3 GB img file, what's the software that can burn it to a DVD?

I have Nero 6.6, but after spending 1/2 hr. on the software, it doesn't work.

I click New, w/ the default at DVD-ROM (iso), then click Recorder, Burn IMage. But the default ext. are nrg, iso, cue.

There is no IMG. When I select ALL Files, I can pick my IMG file, but the software said something like unexpected format

How about burning it as a file?
I mean, just say it is a file. You know, like if you were gonna burn a *.txt, *.html, *doc, ....
That might work. Every time I burn ISOs, or any other type of file, I burn them as plain files, not as the category they belong to, but it still does the job.

I have Nero 6.6, but after spending 1/2 hr. on the software, it doesn't work.

I click New, w/ the default at DVD-ROM (iso), then click Recorder, Burn IMage. But the default ext. are nrg, iso, cue.

There is no IMG. When I select ALL Files, I can pick my IMG file, but the software said something like unexpected format

you could try changing the file extension to ".iso" then nero should see it. i've done it many times without any issues.

otherwise there's a small chance you have a bad image

new versions of nero include *.img, if your version does not...
try as remy21 suggested and simply change the extension to .iso
if the original .img file is an image of an optical disc, then you should be okay

Good tips guys. I got it to work by upgrading to a newer version of Nero 7.59.

I never upgrade because 6.6 works well, and I have seen ver 7.2 or so crashes so I kept using 6.6, it seems 6.6 is too old.

Thanks everyone.

Back