How do you make Win8 lock screen show AM/PM?

FM 3370

Gawd
The Windows 8 lock screen shows the time but not the AM/PM designation. How do you make it to show that? It's not completely necessary but it would be nice to have. For some reason Google did not help me find a solution to this. :confused:

There probably isn't a way. Microsoft overlooked a great many things when creating Metro.

I'm thinking 'show AM/PM' is an overlooked feature, like showing the year is an overlooked feature..lol.

You can add a notification to the lock screen in settings. All you need to do if find or write an app to do what you want.

lol half-baked metro strikes again.

If you're not quite sure if it's AM or PM, maybe you've been at the computer too long.

Or in a missile silo, which probably wouldn't be running Windows in the first place..... :/

It'd be nice to have, though. The above tip doesn't work for me, using the tt. I can usually tell when it's AM or PM, but it's still a nice thing to have.

have you tried this:

http://techzane.com/customize-time-windows-8-lock-screen/

Acutally I tried this and it didnt seem to have any effect on my time. Let me know if it works for you.

I've checked this site out but did not work. From what I could dig up it doesn't seem like this option is possible. I usually keep my laptop with the lock screen up when I travel so seeing AM/PM kinda helps when you're jet lagged and thousands of miles away from home. If the system tray clock has AM/PM, not sure why the lock screen doesn't have it.

The clock generally seemed like an afterthought for MS with Windows 8. The fact that there are dozens of 3rd party clocks in the store pretty much illustrates that. At least a little better functionality might have been nice.

iPad also doesn't show AM/PM on its lock screen. I don't really see the big deal.

Back