How do you make a bootable CD of a ghost image without using Norton Ghost?

Trinic

Limp Gawd
Long story but I have been having tons of problems ghosting computers. I finally have the image made perfectly in file form. The computer I made the image of does not have a burner and going through a bunch of recommendations, only way was bringing it to another computer with a burner. I finally haev this done but unsure how to burn it to a bootable CD. It is about 3 gigs and when I point Nero to it, it does not recognize it. I searched google for awhile but everything seems a little complex and I keep getting lost following the steps. Can someone show me an easy way of doing this please? Honestly, I can make a bootable floppy and just point the Ghost program in DOS to cd tray I think and do things that way. Just unsure how to burn somethign like this on multiple cds.

Let me know if something doesnt make sense. I need to do this asap.

Also, I have BartPE installed but every tutorial I read, it begins saying to copy certain files from my Ghost folder to the plugisn folder of BartPE. However, those files are not there. I am using Norton Ghost 2003.

Yeah, I am screwed. I read a tutorial how to do it with Nero but it said I had to have made the image with split parameters so it could fit on a CD. I am def screwed cause the computer I made an image of is pretty much dead and these 3 files (over 2 gigs each) is all I ahve elft of it. :(

So since it looks like it is impossible for me to get it on a CD, I guess the only option is an external hard drive. How do I go about setting this up?

I have the files already on the external hard drive (the image.gho, image001.ghs and image002.ghs). If I have this plugged in, will Ghost be able to recognize it in DOS automatically? I just tried to make a floppy boot disk through Norton GHost 2003 utilities. I checked support for USB 2.0 and checked to assign it a drive letter. However, when it boots up, it freezes up in Ghost with an hourglass in the middle. I tried a million times already and it keeps doing it. What gives?

So since it looks like it is impossible for me to get it on a CD, I guess the only option is an external hard drive. How do I go about setting this up?

I have the files already on the external hard drive (the image.gho, image001.ghs and image002.ghs). If I have this plugged in, will Ghost be able to recognize it in DOS automatically? I just tried to make a floppy boot disk through Norton GHost 2003 utilities. I checked support for USB 2.0 and checked to assign it a drive letter. However, when it boots up, it freezes up in Ghost with an hourglass in the middle. I tried a million times already and it keeps doing it. What gives?

ghost explorer can split the files to the correct size, then you copy it to the cd's using nero, making it bootable of course, script the autoconfig.bat to call your ghost.exe file with the correct name and options.

we did that all the time at the last place i did imaging on cd.

good luck
QM

quasimodem said:
ghost explorer can split the files to the correct size, then you copy it to the cd's using nero, making it bootable of course, script the autoconfig.bat to call your ghost.exe file with the correct name and options.

we did that all the time at the last place i did imaging on cd.

good luck
QM

I have ghost explorer. Can you explain how to split using it?

Here is an update:

Alright. I put in a CD with an image already on it. It loaded up Ghost in Dos with no problems and actually recognizes my external hd. I know this because I go to local -> check -> image file and I can see and check the intergrity with no problems.

However, I do not know how to push that image onto the hard drive. I go to local -> and there is no option for external hard drive. If I click disk to disk, it doesnt show my external so I cant click the image. Same for partition. Any ideas?

I just tried local -> disk -> from image and it worked. Let me make sure that it does everythign correctly and I will be happy. Unsure why it works out that way but awesome. It also seems to be going pretty fast (estimated time is about 22min) so I am guessing it is usb 2.0 that is being used. SO HAPPY! Thanks all.

I just got the NTLDR is missing error after the image finished. :( I am reformatting now and will try again.

Back