How do you lube your fans? (Without the oil leaking)

People actually do this ???
You would throw away your PC if the heatsink paste went off?

Theres no point in throwing out a good fan when it costs less than a few pence to fix it.
Its more effort to buy a new one.

No I wouldnt throw away my pc, but I sure as fuck would throw away a fan for all the cost of them.

Just sayin.

I've used bicycle chain oil forever, does exactly what you need.

I m into bicycling for many years, i ve used chain lubricants WITH MUCH DIFFERENT PROPERTIES, like for example DRY lube, WET lube, etc. etc.... this Shimano i currently got is good for the chain, but the rest of the properties should be considered for other uses like fan lubrication.

Anyway, i didn't use any household oil yet, i ordered some STINGER sewing machine oil by post, which seems to have been used and tested by many people for the purpose of pc fan lubrication...

I just wonder what would happen to the damn micro hi fi if i removed the fan altogether, i don't get it, it doesnt even feel hot ever, and i don't understand which component it is supposedly "cooling"....

Actually its SINGER sewing machine oil, not Stinger.

I received it today, very carefully applied one single small drop to the 4X4 fan, applied some electrical tape instead of the original sticker. Great result, went completely silent. I m curious to see how long it will stay that way.... its the first fan i lube, i ve never done it before, and i actually didn't have to, in any desktop pc. One laptop, in about 3 years the fan was noisy but also was getting stuck and stopped moving, so i just replaced that altogether. I wouldn't bother lubing a laptop fan, when i had to dissasemble the whole thing to reach the fan, a process of at least 20min+20min putting it together, i just insert a brand new to last as long as possible.

I use this
1309_image.jpg

Found this thread sorry to necro but have an HP with a jacked up fan with literally no replacement available. Hoping to salvage this for a client of mine using some Singer oil.

I've greased / oiled my fans, usually when I notice they are becoming shitty and noisy. It never seems to help though. Maybe I just do it wrong, but I end up tossing them and just replacing them since they're so cheap anyways.

Too much oil will kill them too. More moisture more dust more buildup possibility.

If you can afford new go that route. If not take your time ding this.

I always use engine oil, it is thick enough that it does not leak and seems to work just fine.

Use a grease that has a high amount of Molybdenum. Moly is a friction modifier that reduces friction. So make sure the grease you get has moly in it.

Back