How do you guys store your keycaps?

Chapeau

Gawd
So I've beginning to accrue a small collection of cheap but fun keycaps. They mainly came from China in those plastic bags - Not exactly ideal for storage.

How do you guys keep everything organised?

Yeah.. definitely a thing. A slippery slope of unnecessary but wonderful input aestheticism..

upload_2018-4-25_10-40-3.png

DSA profile, Borealis

upload_2018-4-25_10-40-43.png

GMK Skeletor

upload_2018-4-25_10-43-43.png

Blank keycap torture... (y)

None of the above are mine mind you.

Mmmm those DSA profile keys on the first one, my mind wants to tap those things, looks so perfect :p

I don't get it why DSA profiles never got that common, so much nicer feel!

Last edited:
I know right.... I'm thinking of dyeing my own set. I don't mind the Cherry profile, but I don't need it either.
But then again, I kinda need DSA because I have a non standard 1.75 R1 shift. Just makes life so much easier

Mmmm those DSA profile keys on the first one, my mind wants to tap those things, looks so perfect :p

I don't get it why DSA profiles never got that common, so much nicer feel!

I love my Granite to bits:

4pbI1jL.jpg

And yes, DSA is the best profile I have tested. And I tried pretty much everything except a new one released not too long ago.

oh wow... 60 bucks a piece for the storage box from aliexpress

Yes, the elitekeyboards solution is much more reasonable. As per usual though, elitekeyboards does a terrible job of keeping things in stock. They have so many exclusive rights for resale in the US, yet seem to be dedicated to not making money.

Yes, the elitekeyboards solution is much more reasonable. As per usual though, elitekeyboards does a terrible job of keeping things in stock. They have so many exclusive rights for resale in the US, yet seem to be dedicated to not making money.

I'm fairly certain they have been solidly out of stock for a few years - I did find the following though:

Keypop acrylic case: Not bad at $16

20170530_194139_resized.jpg

Originative Co plastic tray: Probably overpriced. But enough storage for a full set which I definitely need.

tray_1024x1024.jpg

I keep my keycaps in permanent storage ... on the keyboard. :)

But don't you mean keyboard(s)? :ROFLMAO:

It's ironic - with shipping from the US to Australia being the way it is. It would literally be cheaper for me to buy a keyboard as storage as you mentioned, than to get the above case. WTH...

Did not know this was a "thing". Are there keycap swap meets? KeycapCon 2018?
Ha there actually are Keycons. Go over to geekhack.org and prepare to empty your wallet. Definitely can be a fun yet addictive hobby.

I love my Granite to bits:

View attachment 69700

And yes, DSA is the best profile I have tested. And I tried pretty much everything except a new one released not too long ago.

DSA is love

IMG_20171011_223439.jpg

But, I've been using GMK Obliion recently... Step Sculpture 2 (Leopold/Varmilo) is my second favorite profile, followed by Cherry (ABS versions of both just feel so solid to type on). I've yet to try XDA, but it looks interesting (similar to DSA, but larger face and very slightly taller). I just wish POM was more common, DSA in POM would feel awesome...

There is a new drop for DSA Skeletor on Massdrop btw... SO MUCH WANT!!
- Manufactured by signature plastics. Miami also available. I'd be all over this if I didn't already blow all my play money on Jelly Key just now :cry::whistle:

And some more keycap cases I came across this week:

By far my favourite option so far...

upload_2018-5-1_21-53-29.png

White acrylic with clear cover for 35 keys on AliExpress

upload_2018-5-1_21-52-12.png

Clear acrylic storage for 28 keys on AliExpress
Looks like the dividers are removable for non 1u caps. Nice!

upload_2018-5-1_21-49-33.png

Cardboard triple foam on AliExpress
Nice and cheap

upload_2018-5-1_21-50-43.png

Cardboard dual layer foam on AliExpress
Looks ok. Cheapest of the bunch

There is a new drop for DSA Skeletor on Massdrop btw... SO MUCH WANT!!
- Manufactured by signature plastics. Miami also available. I'd be all over this if I didn't already blow all my play money on Jelly Key just now :cry::whistle:

And some more keycap cases I came across this week:

By far my favourite option so far...

View attachment 70429

White acrylic with clear cover for 35 keys on AliExpress

View attachment 70428

Clear acrylic storage for 28 keys on AliExpress
Looks like the dividers are removable for non 1u caps. Nice!

View attachment 70426
Cardboard triple foam on AliExpress
Nice and cheap

View attachment 70427
Cardboard dual layer foam on AliExpress
Looks ok. Cheapest of the bunch

That first one does look pretty good!

I just ordered an Evil Box for my artisans. Otherwise my main caps I just toss in gallon bags and have them in a box.

Back