How do you backup firefox bookmarks?

This info will come in handy for my next reformat. It's necessary because I am constantly swapping motherboards.

Go to Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks>File>Export then it will save as an HTML file. Once you reformat, Import that html file, and boom you got your links back.

I use this feature A LOT. It's nice to be able to back up all of them and easily restore them. Go FF go

If you're running some version of Windows the best option might be to just archive or save the entire \Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla folder. I just checked mine and it's roughly 7.71 MB in size (crunches down to 2.59 MB with Zip at best compression) and that's everything - Bookmarks, extensions, add-ons, etc. So quite literally after a reinstall if I did it, restoring that folder and its contents would get me right back to where I was as if I'd never done the reinstall in the first place.

Hope this helps...

I will recommend MozBackup. It has worked great for me; you can even back up extensions!

MozBackup is a simple utility for creating backups of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite and Netscape profiles. It allows you to backup and restore bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, cache etc. It's an easy way to do Firefox backup, Thunderbird backup ...

Back