How do yall like Resident Evil 4 for PC?

H3d Case

Limp Gawd
So I never played RE4 and figured I'd give it a try and bought it for $20 a few days ago and im contemplating right now whether or not to throw it in the trash. And Nothing against you resident evil fans, I can see that this is a great addition to the Resident Evil series but to me this version is just unplayable. i I've played it for about 15 minutes so far and it reminded me alot of Silent Hill 4 like on how the menu screens are and there are absolutely no options to change your graphics settings and no antialiasing. All you can change is the resolution. The cutscenes shocked me the most because they looked like total trash. And the controls just feel really awkward and complicated. Hell i thought when i bought the game i would be able to use my freaking mouse to play it like idk 99% of all PC games are. I cant even quit the game when i want to i have to either die or press ctrl+alt+delete and end the process. I was really hoping i would get to experience a solid game that i missed out on but the PC version just isn't worth it all.

Just my opinion. What do you guys think of it?

***EDIT*** Sorry thought i was in PC gaming & hardware. PLZ delete and pay no attention

Did you apply the patch?

The control schemes are screwed up but if you have gamepad you can change the way you want to play.

I actually love it. The graphics look decent after the patch and I got it set up the way I like it.

Get the patch and a gamepad. It is a solid port. Of course, I think it is a terrible PC game, but I don't share the same opinion as IGN.

http://insider.ign.com/teasers/793/793681.html

All things are largely equal from one platform to another. It is a shame the PC version didn't have real-time cut-scenes, but it DOES get higher resolutions, and if nothing else, a little bit of flexibility in control schemes. Unlike what IGN claims the game did NOT get worse in transition. It didn't exactly get better, but certainly no worse.

The game itself is great. The port? Not so much. I ended up breaking down and getting a wired 360 controller, and it's been much smoother sailing. Controlling this game with the keyboard is such a mistake.

I own both the GC and PS2 version and i think the PC version is a piece of crap! Bad controls and bad graphics turns a great game into an unpleasant experience.

I own both the GC and PS2 version and i think the PC version is a piece of crap! Bad controls and bad graphics turns a great game into an unpleasant experience.

It's...the ...same...game

So what, its still a ported game. I stopped playing ported games after the 4th one I tried. This might be different but we need several more people to tell us other wise.

It's the same game. He's stating "I played it on GC and PS2 but pc it sucks!"

Complaining about using a controller vs a mouse doesn't mean it's not the same game. That doesn't even make sense. The graphics are the same as the console if not higher in resolution. They didn't make it worse or make it need a high end computer due to poor optimizing (Ubisoft tradition)

It's the same game. If you hate RE4 then you hate RE4

From what the guy states, bad control and worse graphics turned this into a badly ported game. I'll leave it at that because I don't own the PC version. GC version was enough for me.

I have the PC version and I've played little bit of PS2 version. I even tried it on a PS2 emulator.

PC version is superior graphically because of higher resolutions and can add AA and AF. Performance is great. I was playing 6x AA 16x AF @ 1440x900 and had absolutely no slow downs what so ever. Constant 30fps. It has bad controls but if you have gamepad you can make it work.

It's crap. The controls are terrible. Also, the cutscenes are movie files, not in-game which is ridiculous because they only made pre-rendered cutscenes for the PS2 because it wasn't as powerful as a GameCube.

Unplayable for me.

RE4 is supposed to be an excellent game, but I would pass on the PC version.

Be sure to add the patch, makes graphics alot better.
And make sure you play with a gamepad, makes the game so much more enjoyable. Too bad there is no mouse support, but I'm having alot of fun with the gamepad.

Only thing that bothers me about the game is the way it follows Leon, you can't really look around a corner without putting Leon around it (in potentionally harm's way). However that is just part of the game.

The cutscenes suck, but they're using the PS2 version of the game (unlike the GameCubes real time cutscenes)

It's a wonderful game that was ported horribly. Devil May Cry 3 got the same treatment. Lost Planet seems like the first decent PC port Capcom has ever made and it's still loaded with resolution problems.

Rather than spending the money for the PC game, you're better off actually getting a used Gamecube and a copy of that version. The PS2 one will work, too.

It's still a great game, but the port was just BAD.

Yeah RE4 and DMC 3 should of stayed on the consoles.

Also did you know that there is an Devil May Cry Anime out now.

Playing it now..Finally hacked it for my rez..Fun game but definitely light work for a PC..

Back