How do we give gamers first crack at new cards?

if gpu drivers are not installed they mining software wont work so put something in your drivers that crashed the system with more than 2 cards then make new cards not run on anything but the the drivers with this new addition. no miner is gonna run 20 rigs with a single card each

I always see people complaining about miners; but how come nobody is upset at NVIDIA and AMD themselves? They are the ones who are failing to meet the market demand. Why does it matter who they are selling the product to whether gamers or miners (sometimes they are the same people)? It is those companies who dropped the ball on anticipating demand; now they and their partners are getting rich charging premium prices. They would be making even more if they actually built enough to sell to the demand of the market. Anyways... why blame the consumer for purchasing products that are put up for sale, which is boosting the economy, and boosting the profits and most likely R&D budgets of GPU manufacturers? Anyways... all things considered, I'm simply interested in supporting an open and free economy; Having to provide "I'm a gamer" credentials to private companies in order to purchase items is NOT my idea of progress.

I always see people complaining about miners; but how come nobody is upset at NVIDIA and AMD themselves? They are the ones who are failing to meet the market demand. Why does it matter who they are selling the product to whether gamers or miners (sometimes they are the same people)? It is those companies who dropped the ball on anticipating demand; now they and their partners are getting rich charging premium prices. They would be making even more if they actually built enough to sell to the demand of the market. Anyways... why blame the consumer for purchasing products that are put up for sale, which is boosting the economy, and boosting the profits and most likely R&D budgets of GPU manufacturers? Anyways... all things considered, I'm simply interested in supporting an open and free economy; Having to provide "I'm a gamer" credentials to private companies in order to purchase items is NOT my idea of progress.

The nature of computer chip manufacturing (large batches that take 60 days from start to finish to complete) means if cyrpto demand suddenly falls (which is not uncommon) they'll have a fab full of chips that they can't sell. Gaming and hpc demand is not volatile so they can properly product plan, crypto is extremely volatile so if they guess wrong by loading up a fab with graphics chips for crypto miners and crypto crashes, they could lose a ton of money. Not worth the risk, which is why everyone hates miners, they fucking suck.

MFG's could have produced gaming motherboards that have permanently attached (SMT) GPU and that would have solved the problem. Thing is, they don't need to solve the problem because profits are very good indeed but that will change eventually and that's when they will realize many have given up PC gaming in favor of consoles.

I have a HTPC Gigabyte + Phenom II 4 core + GTX 740 + Scythe low profile CPU cooler + 4GB DDR3 for $140 on Craigslist and it comes with Windows 10 Home. It's been 2 weeks and not one email yet. Add a GTX 970 or better and you can game any game out there (on Medium settings for 60+ fps).

New Mexico is the POOREST State in the US so you'd think folks would jump on this one

Back