How do I turn off Vsync ? (8800GT Nvidia Drivers )

leoftw

Gawd
I have no idea how. Can someone help me out please.

Please don't flame me .

I'm surprised you haven't gotten an answer yet. Assuming you aren't running anyything like nvtray, right click the desktop and go to the nvidia control panel. Make sure it's set to advanced settings. Go to manage 3d settings, and scroll down to the very bottom setting. Set it to force off.

thanks alot . Its hidden :) that sneaky bastard. I thought something was wrong with my video card lol in TF2 i have been running 60fps for about a month lol

Don't you hate the tearing without vsync? I've never understood why people dont mind seeing the screen flickering\tearing. Sure there's a higher framerate than 60, but when vsync is on there's no tearing so it looks so much better. Is 60fps not enough?

Don't you hate the tearing without vsync? I've never understood why people dont mind seeing the screen flickering\tearing. Sure there's a higher framerate than 60, but when vsync is on there's no tearing so it looks so much better. Is 60fps not enough?
every game is different. some games the tearing isnt bad at all and also turning vsync on can cause lag especially with triple buffering. just set each game for the best performance and visuals that you want. ;)

change your refresh rate to 75 or whatever your highest is. Right click on desktop, click properties, go to advanced, advanced, refresh rate to 75.

Keep in mind if Your video card is fast enough, V-Sync is no big deal. I would leave it always on with tripple buffering enabled, ( Only If your video Card is Above MainStream performance)

But if its not like my self, i always force V-Sync Off.:D

Keep in mind if Your video card is fast enough, V-Sync is no big deal. I would leave it always on with tripple buffering enabled, ( Only If your video Card is Above MainStream performance)

But if its not like my self, i always force V-Sync Off.:D
its best just to do like I said and see what works best for each individual game. ;)

Vsync ftw.

Many mid-range to high-end setups can run it at 60+ frames. I always have vsync on, as it doesn't effect my performance at all, and keeps it at a steady 60.

thanks alot . Its hidden :) that sneaky bastard. I thought something was wrong with my video card lol in TF2 i have been running 60fps for about a month lol

You should turn off V-sync in the game too. Typically you wanna do that before you modify it in the driver CP.

Vsync ftw.

Many mid-range to high-end setups can run it at 60+ frames. I always have vsync on, as it doesn't effect my performance at all, and keeps it at a steady 60.

Well it does affect your performance, but the question is whether you notice it or not. When you drop below 60, you will drop farther than you would with VSYNC off.

Back