How do I run memtest?????

Noni

Limp Gawd
Hi there,

I do not have a floppy drive, but how do I run memtest? I want to find out how far I can push my ram.

Thanks people.

Oh cool!

So what do I download and do exactly?

I go into BIOS, select to boot from DVD drive first? Yes?

Which one do I download? the .zip?

Thanks.

Great.

What about afterwards though?

Do I just remove the disc and windows should boot normally?

Thank you.

You don't even have to remove the CD honestly, lol.

When you're booting off a CD, you'll see a prompt before the Windows splash screen appears that says something like "Press any key now to boot from cd . . .". If you press a key, it'll boot off the CD. If you don't press a key, it'll just go about booting into Windows normally.

But yeah, if you take the CD out after you're done everything will be fine. :)

Can anyone explain how to read the most important parts of the diagnostic? Like, if my motherboad can only handle DDR PC2100 and I'm running DDR PC3200.

Thanks!

biru32 said:
Can anyone explain how to read the most important parts of the diagnostic? Like, if my motherboad can only handle DDR PC2100 and I'm running DDR PC3200.

Thanks!

If you put PC3200 in a 2100 only mobo, the memory will be slowed down by the northbridge to 2100 speeds automatically. you are not running pc3200 in your pc

Well, Circuit City was out of the 2100 speed so I purchased the 3200 and from what I learned in my A+ book, I figured that it would be slowed to whatever speed the motherboard could handle. I just couldn't pass up 2 sticks of 512K for $53.90 after rebates!

Thanks!

Back