How do I rollback the latest Firefox update?

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Running Ubuntu MATE. Want to go back to an earlier version. Nor sure which I was running before the update but knowing how would allow me to find it. Can't find any up to date instructions on the web.

TIA

Found the instructions on another site that allowed me to roll back to my previous version which was 45.0.2+build1. I'd like to have a newer version but if I have to abandon my current addons I'm done with Firefox. Think it's time to be looking at alternatives. Firefox golden days appear to be over.

Last edited:
Why would you not want to have the latest version? Any addons not working? Give it time and they should be updated too for the latest version.

Self-Destructing Cookies and Fast Dial are two that I'm not willing to give up without dumping FF completely. Lots of people are bitching about the latest version rendering their addons incompatible and I agree with most of them, bad move on Mozilla's part. To each his own, I don't need or necessarily want the latest and greatest, I just need for it to do what I want it to do.

Thanks. Think I'll stick with what I have until a compelling reason comes along to make me change.

Yeah, I'm in the camp of good riddance on the old addons. They were utilizing old and outdated API's, and in order to increase security and improve speed they needed to go. But, as BulletDust recommended, Firefox ESR should work beautifully for you.

Back