How do I record as .mpg? Help please.

Badger_sly

[H]ard|Gawd
Hopefully someone out there has experience with the WinTV2K application.

I had WinTV2K installed from the CD that came with my WinTV GO pci card. Combined with WinScheduler (also from the install CD) it all worked perfectly fine with WindowXP, as I could schedule shows to be recorded as MPG files.

About a month ago, Window's Scheduling Agent started acting up and wouldn't let me schedule any new recordings, WinScheduler would error out. So, I uninstalled Win everything and then used the cleanup program from Haupaugh's site. And then I installed the newest version of the WDM drivers, WinTV2K, and Scheduler from Haupaugh's site.

Now, I can record shows using WinScheduler, or manually in WinTV2K, but only as AVI. I can not get it to record as MPG. I'm guessing it was a change in the updated install, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone help?

Well, I guess I stumped everyone.

Anyway...... as an update, the problem is fixed, as I got an answer from Hauppauge tech support finally.

From Hauppauge:
"The “Soft PVR” portion of the software would need to be installed additionally on top of the downloads by using your original WinTV CD ROM. Browse the CD and go to the Soft PVR folder and run the Softpvrupdate.exe

So after doing a clean install of WDM drivers, WinTV2000, and WinScheduler, you have to then run the SoftPVR_update.exe which is on the install CD.

I now have the added options to record as Mpeg1 or Mpeg2.

Back