How do I move the Windows 10 clipboard history window to a location of choice on my screen?

Supersnake

[H]ard|Gawd
When I call up the Windows 10 clipboard history (Windows + V), it consistently displays at some unwanted location on my screen. And I can't drag it to a corner or choose a default position. How do I move it to a location of my choice? Here are two examples.

1622247277810.png

1622247373963.png

yours looks funny and mine moves fine. have you tried turning it off and on again? (under system settings)

1622253609586.png

Yes I did toggle the setting on and off but that was unsuccessful. I just received a text from a computer savvy friend of mine and he wrote: It defaults placing it where you have an input field, I don't believe the placement is user definable.

Pendragon, when you said yours moves fine, does that mean you are able to drag it on the screen?

Last edited:
Yes I did toggle the setting on and off but that was unsuccessful. I just received a text from a computer savvy friend of mine and he wrote: It defaults placing it where you have an input field, I don't believe the placement is user definable.

Pendragon, when you said yours moves fine, does that mean you are able to drag it on the screen?
i can move it all over. it first popped up in the lower right but i moved it up to be side by side yours. try minimizing the browser and then pull it up.

i can move it all over. it first popped up in the lower right but i moved it up to be side by side yours. try minimizing the browser and then pull it up.
Thank you! I think you put your finger on my issue. I always have my browser window maximized. I'm out shopping now, when I get home I'm going to do what you advised.

Pendragon, unfortunately your suggestion did not work. :(

No matter what I do there is no way to move the Windows Clipboard History window around on my screen. I believe the reason why you can, and I cannot, is because you and I appear to be running a different clipboard - which is why your clipboard with all the icons near the top, looks different than mine.:)

Last edited:
mines newer, im on insider. what version are you on?
I don't understand what you are referring to. Are you asking what version of Windows I am running?
Am running Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985)

I don't understand what you are referring to. Are you asking what version of Windows I am running?
Am running Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985)
yes thats what i was asking. i run the insider preview versions. try updating to 21h1. thats when mine got all fancy looking.

Done, I'm now running Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1.
But I don't have the fancy, feature enhanced, movable clipboard you have.
Your current or recent Insider Preview version must have enabled it.

Looks like I'll have to wait for Windows to release it in a future update.
Thanks for all your time and effort in assisting me! ✌️

462467_1.jpg

Last edited:
Where my Notepad window is on my screen, my Clipboard will appear. I can move my Notepad around. Hope this is helpful?
Hello Frog Army
Thank you!
My apologies for not responding sooner, I forgot that I had set this thread to be watched.
Your instrutctions worked. Just as you described, I found my Notepad to be draggable and the Clipboard will appear wherever my Notepad appears.

I notice that you joined [Hard]Forum to create your response. What a supportive contribution!

Back