How do I make the font bigger in EVE Online

Ocellaris

Fully [H]
I decided to give EVE another shot thanks to 5 days of free play CCP is offering via email. I activated my account and noticed two things.

1) I can not make a new character without deleting my old ones. And it takes 10 hours to delete the old ones... :(

2) The font is way too small for me. I am playing on a Samsung 214T PVA display type monitor. 21 inch display, 1600x1200 resolution, connected via DVI. I sit about 2 feet from the monitor and have no problem reading text on it. Unless I open EVE. Trying to get though the menus information int his game is killing my eyes since the font is too small. I tried increasing the "Context Menu Size" to 12 pt and it did not seem to make a difference. Any workaround for this?

//Update: Increasing the font width and changing the theme has helped a lot. Now to wait for my characters to delete...

Last edited:
For others wondering how:

Esc -> general settings -> change font size and font width

I decided to give EVE another shot thanks to 5 days of free play CCP is offering via email. I activated my account and noticed two things.

1) I can not make a new character without deleting my old ones. And it takes 10 hours to delete the old ones... :(

2) The font is way too small for me. I am playing on a Samsung 214T PVA display type monitor. 21 inch display, 1600x1200 resolution, connected via DVI. I sit about 2 feet from the monitor and have no problem reading text on it. Unless I open EVE. Trying to get though the menus information int his game is killing my eyes since the font is too small. I tried increasing the "Context Menu Size" to 12 pt and it did not seem to make a difference. Any workaround for this?

//Update: Increasing the font width and changing the theme has helped a lot. Now to wait for my characters to delete...

what was wrong with your old characters?

what was wrong with your old characters?

I had no clue what I was doing with them, where I was, or why they had anything they had. They had all advanced past the starting areas and moved on to ??? They all had fairly limited play time so its not a huge loss. The whole thing felt like playing someone else's characters. Now I can start over from the tutorial and get my bearings instead of being lost in space.

Back