how do i get it to where i dont need filters for dsl

jcmuse

Limp Gawd
i have a house in the process of being built. it will have dsl service, the phone company has yet to run the phone line to the house. I'm guessing they will only run it to the outside of the house, then the electrician is responsible from there. I have a room in the basement where everything is being wired (all cat5 leads there, etc).. i want to put the modem there, but i want to put it in a way so that the rest of the house doesn't need filters on the phone jacks. How do i tell the electrician to handle this? The house has yet to be wired for phones etc.

I spend a lot of time on the phone with my telco's tech support and they told me that there's no way to not use filters. They suggested to split the line such that there's only one filter on the side where the phones are installed, and then run an unfiltered line to the dsl modem.

You have to have filters, but if you're absolutely sure you'll never move the modem, then you can do as Thulerman said and run a dedicated line to where your putting the modem, then use a single filter in the telco box for all the other lines for you phones.

We have a filter at the NID outside of the house, no filters on the inside :cool:

They suggested to split the line such that there's only one filter on the side where the phones are installed, and then run an unfiltered line to the dsl modem.

This is really the best option.

My house is setup this way. Work great.

Back