How do I get an 800D w/ USB 3.0 and SATA6?

veras

Weaksauce
I've read that there's revised 800Ds for a few months that come with USB3.0/SATA6, I was wondering if there's a way to ensure getting one of these revised units rather than an older one

Are the boxes labeled/different or is just luck? Or have they been around long enough that I'll probably get one?

Thanks!

I haven't heard about a new version of the 800D, but Corsair sells upgrade kits so you can add SATA 3 and USB3.

I don't think it's a new version as such, just a minor revision - like if you look at the Newegg comments/reviews for the past few months people are saying their 800Ds had SATA3 and USB3.0 out of the box

I did not know about that. I'd guess if you're buying from Amazon or Newegg it's probably just the luck of the draw on if you get one with it or not at least until all of the old revision is out of stock. Maybe someone on the Corsair forums (or Redbeard here if he notices the topic) will be able to help more. This information drastically changes my thoughts on what case to get though.

Maybe you can grab the part number from someone who has a confirmed SATA6/USB3 case.

I'm not sure how Corsair customer service operates, but maybe if you get a case without the upgrades, you can ask them to send replacements, since you purchased primarily for the new parts.

They've been around long enough, so I wouldn't worry. I picked up an 800d from Microcenter about 3 months ago and it came with usb 3.0 and sata6. According to Microcenter nobody has returned/exchanged them. I suppose there is always one store out in the middle of nowhere that may have a 800d sitting in their inventory for a couple years.

If you happen to buy one that doesn't have it integrated (old stock) then I'll ship you the upgrades free.

If you happen to buy one that doesn't have it integrated (old stock) then I'll ship you the upgrades free.

You sir, with that line, made me strongly consider getting only Corsair parts where at all possible if there is no personal reason for another brand, just for the COMPLETELY FUCKIN' AWESOME SUPPORT!

You sir, with that line, made me strongly consider getting only Corsair parts where at all possible if there is no personal reason for another brand, just for the COMPLETELY FUCKIN' AWESOME SUPPORT!

Agreed. His response pushed the 800D to the top of my case list.

Thanks for the advice everyone/thanks Redbeard for being awesome

Ordered one - should be here soon!

I recently bought an 800D with a faulty power switch (been using my reset switch as a power switch in the meantime) and after sending a quick email to Corsair they sent me the upgraded panel free of charge.

Just received it today.

Back