How do I fix my Ducky keyboard's mushy spacebar and LEDs?

So I just got my new Ducky (Non-Shine) keyboard with Red switches and I love it.

Unfortunately, the spacebar is way too mushy and the Caps Lock and Num Lock LEDs are far too bright.

How would I fix the mushy spacebar to make it feel more tactile and disable the LEDS on those keys?

Thank you for reading.

So I just got my new Ducky (Non-Shine) keyboard with Red switches and I love it.

Unfortunately, the spacebar is way too mushy and the Caps Lock and Num Lock LEDs are far too bright.

How would I fix the mushy spacebar to make it feel more tactile and disable the LEDS on those keys?

Thank you for reading.

You could probably use black permanent marker on the LEDs to dim them.

If it is new and not correct send it back. Too much money spent on a keyboard to try and have to fix something yourself.

Taped the backside of the cap with electrical tape on mine (my keyboard/keys are black).

The Blue LEDs were no longer too bright for me after that.

I had the same issue. The problem is the ducky shines use a stabilizer bar vs using multiple switches on the spacebar. This method just sucks. Anyway, mine was sticking a bit before coming back up which made it feel mushy. I remedied it by using some super lube synthetic grease to lubricate the switch and stabilizers. However, this made the click on my blues much less pronounced on the spacebar.

I suppose i will remember to stay clear from ducky. CM storm has not this issue. Space bar? Its the most used key!

I had the same issue. The problem is the ducky shines use a stabilizer bar vs using multiple switches on the spacebar. This method just sucks. Anyway, mine was sticking a bit before coming back up which made it feel mushy. I remedied it by using some super lube synthetic grease to lubricate the switch and stabilizers. However, this made the click on my blues much less pronounced on the spacebar.

No current manufacturer of Cherry MX keyboards uses multiple switches on their spacebar, they all use a stabilizer bar (though there are 2 variations), as do manufacturers of most other keyboard types. The Shine 3s use a modified Cherry stabilizer which I have found to be no better or worse then the standard Cherry stabilizers; personally I prefer the Cherry variant as it often has a more "solid" feel to Costar stabilizers even when modified with a thick bar, imo. The down side is that Cherry stabilizers need to be assembled more carefully because a twist or warp has a greater effect on the action than it does to Costar as well as being harder to correct due to the way it's mounted.

Back