How do I find mice with tactile switches?

Tweak155

Gawd
Hello,

Possibly an odd request... but for working, I like switches that typically seem to come in cheaper mice. I particularly like a certain switch I've seen come in Dell mice. They make more of a thud sound than a real "clicky" sound, and they're a little harder to press. The problem is Dell clearly uses a variety of switches even in the same mouse, so I couldn't just give you the model# and have you know which switches are in them.

There is one mouse I've found that I believe consistently comes with the same switches that is my favorite runner up. The Microsoft Mobile Mouse 4000. It has more of a "tactile" feedback but with more of the click sound. But I basically like the tactile feedback / slightly extra force needed for the click.

I may end up getting the Mobile Mouse 4000 but I'd like to have something a little larger and with some extra buttons. I mainly need it to be wireless and have decent battery life though.

Any idea how I can track down mice with a more tactile click?

For reference, my main gaming mice are Logitech (G502, G703), and those are too easy to click.

You can always change the switches in a mouse if you want to, they are just switches..

i think i know what you mean and i have some suspicions as to why they'd feel different. if i can remember when i get home from work in the morning, i'll compare my cheapie Dell mouse to my Logi M705 and if the Dell feels different I'll pull it apart and let you know what i see

Ok so I caved and bought the Mobile Mouse 4000... the scroll wheel is no good since it does extra scrolling, but maybe I'll get used to it. Or eventually I can just bust it apart and take the switches out :)

Back