How do I erase all personal info from my pda before selling it?

HotL3@D

[H]ard|Gawd
I have my Compaq Ipaq h3955 up for sale on ebay and need to know how to erase all my personal information from the thing before i sell it. I wanna basically set it back to stock as it was when i first took it out of the box. anyone know how?

well on my asus, theres a button u hold and then press the hard reset and it erases everything but the OS

Ballz2TheWallz said:
well on my asus, theres a button u hold and then press the hard reset and it erases everything but the OS

I cant find anything in the instruction manual regarding this, i've tried hitting hard reset while holding down the power button and that didnt seem to work. what button did you hold down?

the button in the row of four, the second on the left side
A620-1.jpg

if i do the one on the right side next to the directional pad it boots a diag tool

isn't there a small pin button on the bottom you hold for like 10 seconds and it erases it

2nd hit on google.

"How do I hard reset the iPAQ 3950, 3955, 3970, 3975?

Just hold down the calendar and today buttons, these are the two outer buttons on the lower left and lower right, then using a stylus press and hold for at least five seconds the soft reset button this is located on the lower right edge of the unit. The screen should reset you will now need to press the soft reset button again to power on the unit as the power button will not do this."

i searched google, but was searching the wrong key words. when i found out it was called "Hard reset" i found it. thanks anyway 2 hotty

Back