How do I convert 2000 files to Arial 11 text ?

camay123

[H]ard|Gawd
How Do I convert a database of wordperfect file, around 2000 files, so they all have arial 11 text ?

Try Ultraedit (www.ultraedit.com). It has a feature that allows you to do a search/replace in all files in a directory. Somewhere in those files, when opened in a text editor, must be the font definition, something like "Times New Roman 11".

Go to the search menu, then "find/replace in files" and do something like searching for "Times New Roman 11" and replace with "Arial 11".

I would look through one file first to make sure you know exactly what you're searching for, and I would make a back up of those files first.

Not a bad idea.

But I think I wont be able to do it this way.

One, because all the files are not all of the same font and police. So the search for something specific and replace by another wouldnt work.

Plus, when I open a wpd file with a text editor, the font is mentionned at a few place.

camay123 said:
Plus, when I open a wpd file with a text editor, the font is mentionned at a few place.

The search/replace would take care of them all, but your previous point would mean having to do multiple search/replace for all different fonts used.

Back