How Do I Configure Linksys Router to Host Game Servers

cthulhuiscool

2[H]4U
I'll start this by saying sorry if something like this has been stickied. I checked but I couldn't find anything so if there is one please link me to it and don't go to the trouble of answering it again.

Anyway I have a Linksys WRT54GS wirless router and am having problems hosting network games. My friends are unable to join my Counterstrike games and I cannot organize team games in Warcraft III. I understand this is typical and would like a link to a tutorial or whatever to get this working. Thanks in advance.

okay i did both the above and people still cant connect to my servers in either games, is there any key step i might be missing? I opened the ports both on the router and on windows firewall.

I'm not familiar with your router, but you're going to have to assign yourself a static Internal IP (Something not within your DHCP range) and then foward those port requests to the machine hosting the games...

The way this works is the people on the outside send your router a request, your router checks and sees if anyone is expecting data on X port, if so it fowards it to said computer. (This is a very basic explanation of course)

Back