How do i change the details of large amounts of MP3's at once?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a ton of mp3s i would like to edit(stuff that just takes up to much room on the display when playing songs in either my vehicle or other receivers/decks)

I need a piece of software where i can go through at do like a select all and it will edit and replace what i tell it to.

anyone know what will do this?\

thanks

Oddly enough, WMP11 isn't half bad at this.

Just select all the tracks and edit. Change what you want and it will apply to all the selected tracks.

iTunes is very good at this too.

Even Windows Explorer in Vista does this well. Select all the songs you wish to share the same tags, right-click them and select Properties, then go to Details, then change all the tags you wish them all the share (genre, album, artist, year, etc).

When you apply it, they'll all be changed.

will this work change the title of the songs, I have 22,000 songs that have the song track in front of the song name.

Tag&Rename would be the tool I recommend, as it can do most anything including tags, filenames, etc for a wide variety of file formats.

Tag&Rename would be the tool I recommend, as it can do most anything including tags, filenames, etc for a wide variety of file formats.

Seconded. No matter what you do, it's still a lot of work to do a great many files, but this was the easiest tool by far for me.

Tagscanner or mp3tag will do the job. Just make sure the tags are correct. If the tags aren't correct but the filenames are correct then you can use either software to create tags from the file names with "-" as the delimeter. Works well for me.

Back