How do I change folder icons in XP pro?

Rtstrider

Gawd
As stated above.....And when I change them how can I set the icon to be default for all folders and new ones created, or is there a way I can just edit a reg key and make them all the same icon?

In 5 hours, you could have googled the answer! In explorer, go to View > Customize This Folder. You can choose the icons for the folder.

I did google it smart***, lol....j/k...Actually I did google it and all that came up was 10 results of a program called Change Folder Icon

EX.

Create a "New Folder" on the desktop
Rclick on the folder, click properties
Click on Customize, click change icon
In the new window "click browse" or select from the list
Once selected click ok, click apply, click ok

Not quite sure if thats what you want, but it works.. :)

I misread a little. You should be able to go under File Types in Explorer (which is under Tools > Folder Options) and change the default icon for all folders.

You cannot change the icon of folder, but you can change the File Types folder...What I need is the reg key for folder

Rtstrider said:
You cannot change the icon of folder, but you can change the File Types folder...What I need is the reg key for folder
I just did. It's the third and fourth option down in the list, if you follow my instructions.

What I meant is you can change file folder which is right below folder...I need to find out how to change folder itself...Now I know how to click properties and going about changing each individual folder by itself...But what I want is something that will change them all at once.....

Rtstrider said:
What I meant is you can change file folder which is right below folder...I need to find out how to change folder itself...Now I know how to click properties and going about changing each individual folder by itself...But what I want is something that will change them all at once.....
As mentioned before, my instructions will let you change them all at once. You have instructions above for changing each individual folder to something different, or changing all folders to the same icon.

Just to make this easier, can you please post a screenie and circle where it says change all folders?

I guess I just assumed you'd read the options for it. Once you go to Explorer =, then to Tools > Folder Options, you'll see folders and file folders both listed...options three and four down. Pick one, click Advanced, then Change Icon.

Back