?: How do I associate my old iPhone 2G to extra cellphone line? (AT&T)

indokyne

2[H]4U
My contract currently has an extra 3rd phone line (first two lines are myself and wife).
It was previously connected to a Sony Ericson.
I have an old iPhone 2G that I want to be able to use as a phone. I do NOT want data services if possible.

On my AT&T account online, I changed the associated phone on that phone line to the correct iPhone...

I figure I have to do something with the SIM card but I have no clue...

I'm a noob to all this.

Do you still have that old Samsung? Take the sim out of that one and put it into your iPhone. If not, I think that you have to get a new sim for that line, which they should do free. Just say that you lost that one for the line. I also believe that ATT will charge you data for any smart phone whether you want it or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you still have that old Samsung? Take the sim out of that one and put it into your iPhone. If not, I think that you have to get a new sim for that line, which they should do free. Just say that you lost that one for the line. I also believe that ATT will charge you data for any smart phone whether you want it or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

depends on the charge, i've used a iPhone 2G, HTC HD2(as a Win Mo 6.5, WP7, and Android), without ever being charged at all for data.......

though i never told ATT that we have any of these phones on the plan, and never accessed the data other than with wifi.

I'm just saying that if you don't have a data plan and move to a smart phone, they will add a data plan to your bill.

One of my friends recently put his SIM from his regular phone into an iPhone and the next bill, had the data plan automatically added to his bill.

OP, are you on a family plan with a data plan on it already?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the response guys.
- I do NOT have the previous Sony Ericsson that had the sim card in it
- My current family plan includes
........ - Unlimited Data Plan for iPhone 4
........ - Unlimited Data Plan for BlackBerry Bold

Dragon - I am aware of the whole data plan thing. We switched my wife's phone's sim card from a standard flip phone to a Palm and the next month, we saw a 'mandatory' data plan added. If possible, I'd like to avoid that but we'll see...

If you have a hookup at your local store, talk with them and see if you can not have the data plan added. I've done that before but I it's been before this automatically adds the data plan to the bill. Here's hoping you don't get it added! :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Somewhere around here some guy called the FCC and got AT&T to drop and block the data plan so he just uses Wifi. It's possible, but you probably have to talk to the "right" person.

Back