How do I add music to my XBOX 360 via my new router?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Bought the dlink 604, everything is working great so far, but I cant seem to find any icons or anything for the 360 in windows, I figured it would at least show a connection going to it or something :confused:

any help appreciated !

I beleive he's talking about this.

360Icon.jpg

It took me several hours to figure how to set this up. Probally take me as long to explain it to you.. I'm not good at explaining. :(

Edited: You have to have Window Media Connect on your computer and set your router firewall to allow certain port through between the PC and Xbox 360.

hey i have a reg Xbox, will windows media connect work that as well? or only the 360 Right now i use FTP to get into it

Just in case anyone cares - it will only support .WMA or .MPEG Level 3 formats only. I rip all my music in .OGG which of course Microsoft wont support.

Soyo13 said:
I beleive he's talking about this.

It took me several hours to figure how to set this up. Probally take me as long to explain it to you.. I'm not good at explaining. :(

Edited: You have to have Window Media Connect on your computer and set your router firewall to allow certain port through between the PC and Xbox 360.

I agree it was a pia to setup. u have to authenticate your device & then setup the actual sharing. took me many trips up & down (pc in basement, 360 in living room) before i got it to work right. then i never used it after my initial tests.

Windows Media Connect will work find, if you're using Windows XP. However you shouldn't have problems with Windows XP: Media Center Edition, which *I think* allows you to share more, such as certain video formats. Windows Media Connect will only let you do photos and music. I could be wrong about the video with MCE though. Somebody will have to back me up on that.

-(Xyphox)- said:
hey i have a reg Xbox, will windows media connect work that as well? or only the 360 Right now i use FTP to get into it

Well, out of the box this sort of thing only works with the Xbox 360. There are ways in which to get a regular Xbox to be recognized by your PC, and allow for streaming photos, videos, musiec, etc, but it involves modding and special software found online.

Back