How did you purchase your Nvidia 3xxx series card? Owners vote only please.

How Many People Have Been Able to Aquire an Nvidia 3xxx series card from a non-official source?

• Total voters
It's kind of nebulous as different states treat taxation differently... see https://www.thebalance.com/which-sales-tax-rate-do-i-charge-my-customers-3193251 for example.

JNCS could very well be rolling up the sales tax into their published marked up price, as they would be responsible for collecting/paying the sales taxes ultimately. I don't know.
Their website looks like ass but I did some digging into their other web presence to determine it was a legit business before placing my order. They are a small boutique builder, and their full system builds seem to be priced accordingly (ie.. overpriced - I'm surprised they are even willing to sell the cards by themselves instead of putting them in systems for an even larger markup... but I guess demand for cards far outstrips the demand for full builds)

I expect their cards are coming directly from manufacturers or distributors as they receive cards in batches and publish expected dates (currently the only thing showing is 8x EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, but at the time I bought mine they had two batches of 3080s being received a week apart).

I'm not trying to endorse them, just relaying what my experience was.
Thanks for this. Just called and ordered a 5600x for $365 shipped! They have 5600x and 5800x available (Others you have to buy with combos, full system)

By the MC availability and lines info it definitely is sounding things are getting better, albeit by a slow rate. Maybe in 4-5 months anyone could buy one of these at any time online even?

Late to the thread but I got my 3090 FTW3U from the egg back in November via alerts from some now defunct Discord server.

Well finally got one this week locally from a buddy after all. To think of the hours I pumped into scouring the internet for a new gpu. . .it's embarrassing.

Scored a new ASUS TUF OC 3090 in exchange for a used 5700xt + 1300 cash. I was pretty surprised how cheap i got it for in the end considering the recent price bumps across the board at a lot of retailers.

Well finally got one this week locally from a buddy after all. To think of the hours I pumped into scouring the internet for a new gpu. . .it's embarrassing.

Scored a new ASUS TUF OC 3090 in exchange for a used 5700xt + 1300 cash. I was pretty surprised how cheap i got it for in the end considering the recent price bumps across the board at a lot of retailers.
Not a bad deal. Why would the other party agree to a 5700XT though? I'm confused. Like, they clearly wanted a high end and current GPU, so why would they suddenly want such a relatively downgrade?

Not a bad deal. Why would the other party agree to a 5700XT though? I'm confused. Like, they clearly wanted a high end and current GPU, so why would they suddenly want such a relatively downgrade?
May have not wanted a 3090, but they’re the easiest to find. Seen that happen a few times. Trade down and get some cash back.

May have not wanted a 3090, but they’re the easiest to find. Seen that happen a few times. Trade down and get some cash back.
Sure, but then just ebay for a used gpu in the first place. Big risk and hassle and time sink trading a gpu, especially such an expensive and "rare" (considering everything right now)

Sure, but then just ebay for a used gpu in the first place. Big risk and hassle and time sink trading a gpu, especially such an expensive and "rare" (considering everything right now)
I’d trust people here WAY more than random people on eBay- especially since the chance of the “I got a box of rocks” scam is far less likely

The first 3080 was adorama. That was a mad dash, I'm like wait the website is still working, it's still in my cart, CREDIT CARD INFO NOW.

The 3080 ftw ultra shipped a day after I bought it. (I sold at cost to a friend, well technically I made a penny... I forgot my penny I was at work when he got it from me...)

The second was a 3080 strix from the newegg shuffle, which is the card I'm using.

I got these 2 less than a week apart. I'm glad that grind is over.

I know people will call me a loser for giving in to scalpers, but i got a New Kingpin 3090 on Ebay shipped for about $250 over MSRP. (Kingpin is about $2k list price at EVGA) Since even the lowest prices were hovering around $2k for most new 3090's at the time i figured it was worth it to pay a little bit extra so i could actually get a card. (Also figured with taxes and shipping from the dealer it would have been fairly close to what i paid anyhow) Got tired of trying to get any 3090 since September and everyone being sold out. Most of my friends at work can't get one either.

I know people will call me a loser for giving in to scalpers, but i got a New Kingpin 3090 on Ebay shipped for about $250 over MSRP. (Kingpin is about $2k list price at EVGA) Since even the lowest prices were hovering around $2k for most new 3090's at the time i figured it was worth it to pay a little bit extra so i could actually get a card. (Also figured with taxes and shipping from the dealer it would have been fairly close to what i paid anyhow) Got tired of trying to get any 3090 since September and everyone being sold out. Most of my friends at work can't get one either.
3090 tend to be the easiest to acquire - that’s strange.

Getting a 3090 is relatively easier, but not easy. Also kingpin is not a super easy card to get, since you had to be in the que at the right time. If you didn't purchase enough products or have enough posts, then bleh (I think that was the requirement).

If you tried to get a specific 3090 (lets say it's the strix, kingpin, or fe) then you know it's super painful.

I only wanted 2 3080's the strix, ultra ftw3, or fe card. It took me having time off from work to get them. My normal day work day doesn't give me the flexibility to get one. None of the best buy drops have been on when I have days off.

So what I am saying is, with tax, I'm not seeing any real scalping in your case. In fact I'd say you did rather well.

Last edited:
After trying for about 3 days to race with bots I gave up and employed a new strategy. The way I was able to get mine (EVGA RTX 3080 @ $799) was through calling a local store in Manhattan and asking a really nice employee to hold one for me (which he did and essentially ordered a card for me once it was in stock). Its funny that in today's world of bots and algorithms, speaking to an actual human was most efficient way of getting one.

The only other way I could have gotten one was through best buy drop, I did it just for fun this past drop and I was able to go all the way through check out screen, but I did not want to finalize the order as I have no intention to scalp and wanted that card to go to someone who does not have it.

He probably wanted it for mining. We were both kinda in a rush and they were doing construction so I couldn't stay long. He has like 6 or 7 other 5700xts so I'm sure it's easy for him to slot them in with a bios flash.

It’s possible to get a 3070, 3080, or 3090 at ”retail”. Some retailers do not get cards directly from the OEM (or so I’ve heard). They have to pay about %10 extra. I had a friend get me an EVGA 3090 for just a little over MSRP. Still way better than from the scalpers. This place had 12 EVGA 3090 in stock up until 5 pm yesterday. Basically all day. No 3080s in stock though. This was not a Microcenter. PM for details but I won’t answer to noobs or scalpers.

If you live near a Microcenter then you’re extraordinary lucky. They get shipments a couple times a week. I stood in line on Friday and got a voucher for a MSI 3080 Gaming Trio for a friend. Ultimately he didn’t want that brand and I gave the voucher away. I also passed on a MSI 3090 (not my brand). The person I gave my voucher to: it always pays to be friendly. He got a voucher just from being nice. Another guy was a ghetto asshole and i didn’t want to talk to.

At MC you will have to line up early. That‘s all I will say.

Note: The MC website will not accurately reflect their stock. The morning line is for vouchers which will guarantee you can but a specific GPU by 3PM. They also carry additional stock for in store purchase, but you have to ask.

Note: The MC website will not accurately reflect their stock. The morning line is for vouchers which will guarantee you can but a specific GPU by 3PM. They also carry additional stock for in store purchase, but you have to ask.
Depends on the Microcenter. I have two by me and they both behave differently towards things. Vouchers at Duluth, Ga are only good until 11am.

Got lucky with a discord notification and snagged it from the nvidia store (via scan uk). I'd rather wait for an msrp card than take it up the hole with these scalping stores and ebayers.

Best Buy drop. I was off on Friday the 22nd and sitting at my PC. The discord i'm in for drops starting going nuts so I started trying to every 3080 they had. Nothing was working so about 40 minutes later I saw the 3090 FE go yellow and I was actually able to add it to my cart.. Mistakes were made but I'm happy that's over with.

Availability may be improving some.... my local MC has had 3090's and 3070's in stock for 4 days in a row now... at least 10+ 3090's across multiple models and 25+ 3070's. I even saw they have 12 6800XT's as well (which are even worse to get ahold of).

Availability may be improving some.... my local MC has had 3090's and 3070's in stock for 4 days in a row now... at least 10+ 3090's across multiple models and 25+ 3070's. I even saw they have 12 6800XT's as well (which are even worse to get ahold of).
How much do the 3070 cost? (>3080 MSRP pricing?)

How much do the 3070 cost? (>3080 MSRP pricing?)
MSI looks like it has the worst Tariff markups of all the brands, even more than ASUS, but if someone lives in the area and needs a card, they have had them for several days now with stock slowly going down. I saw Evga cards last week, only maybe $70 more than they were a month ago. Of course, unless you get an FE card, good luck finding MSRP anything even Pre-Tariff.

1612282959253.png

So maybe someone can answer this. Are they not updating the website for stock on nvidia 3 series cards? Will they possibly have stock on GPU's in-store even if they dont have it listed online as in-stock? Because the website has shown everything out of stock for a while now.

They dont carry the model I want( I want a 3060 ti founders edition), but I may have to resort to driving there early just to try and get something....

So maybe someone can answer this. Are they not updating the website for stock on nvidia 3 series cards? Will they possibly have stock on GPU's in-store even if they dont have it listed online as in-stock? Because the website has shown everything out of stock for a while now.

They dont carry the model I want( I want a 3060 ti founders edition), but I may have to resort to driving there early just to try and get something....
If you're talking about Microcenter then the only way you're getting one is in store, and depending on your area, potentially only if you camp out overnight.

At my "local" store near Philly, the staff there was pretty clear that camping is the only way you're getting a card and even then, that's only if a truck shows up that day.

I keep hearing stories of people just walking into certain MC locations and seeing cards on the shelves but those have to be less densely populated areas I would imagine.

Yeah, I meant MC.

I mean, I am not that desperate or crazy to camp overnight and I dont even know if people at my local MC do that anyways. I would be willing to go there early to get in line but, I cant just drive there randomly really because they are an hour away. I cant take a 2 hour long drive for a random chance.

Reactions: x509
like this
I got mine on Newegg but pure luck. Was on my coffee break and decided to take a look, couldn't believe I was able to make it through the check out process!

I don't think MC carries or ever has carried any FE cards. I believe they only stock AIBs.

That being said, I got my 3090 FTW3U simply by walking into the store at 2:30pm on a Thursday. Granted, they got a large shipment that morning and I lucked out because they opened late that day. But the stock remained for 3 or 4 days before they were all gone (they had 25+). Even now, my local MC still has various 30 series cards in stock and for the last 2 weeks has had more "In Stock" days than Out of Stock days.

I bought mine last week from my local Micro Center (NYC)...my first time going to MC and I got one...had to get there a few hours before it opened but in the end it was worth it...I tried a few times on Best Buy and Newegg but the bots were tough to beat...with MC you don't have to deal with any of that

Ordered two 3080s from two UK etailers on day 1 for MSRP. Paid, got put in the queue and received the first two weeks later, the second two weeks after that. I preloaded pages across multiple trailers and enlisted my wife to hit F5 starting at 8:55am. Whole process left a bad taste in my mouth, and I got mine sooner than most.

Discord + NE, AMZN, Zotac all came through on various 3xxx cards (just luck, no botting, in fact with Amzn botting has as much chance as you catching an alert and spamming the buy now button). BB came through on a couple of Ryzens but never once allowed me near an Ampere...completely different source for a PS5 order.
EVGA queue came through on a 3070 I sold at cost, canceled all my other EVGA invites in Nov since that had more chances of going to legit folks. Now the queue is a scalpers' paradise just like every other place...

Last edited:
Back