How did you purchase your Nvidia 3xxx series card? Owners vote only please.

How Many People Have Been Able to Aquire an Nvidia 3xxx series card from a non-official source?

• Total voters
I signed up 12/1/2020 11:44:07 AM PT and nothing yet. Based on the spreadsheet looks like they've just gotten past 7AM on 12/1. At least for the XC3 model I signed up for. It seems to be moving the slowest. Guessing they make more of the models with higher margins.
Uhh. I can't find my link to this spreadsheet. Can someone repost. In advance, thanks.

Switched from an amazon ventus order to a memory express ftw3 backorder on sept 29. Card arrived dec 1.

I just got a notify for a 3070 XC3 Ultra that I placed early on launch day.

3080 FTW3 here on forums
3090 Zotac from their website
3080 TUF OC on Newegg bundle with shitty ram

Reactions: noko
like this
3060 Sheet
Future reference, you can just Google 'EVGA 3060 spreadsheet' 👽
I bookmarked this web page so I won't have to ask again. ;) That's the good news.

The bad news is that I'm like over 14000 down on the list.:( Gonna be weeks if not months before I'm notified.

EDIT: 1400, not 14000. :censored:

Last edited:
I bookmarked this web page so I won't have to ask again. ;) That's the good news.

The bad news is that I'm like over 14000 down on the list.:( Gonna be weeks if not months before I'm notified.

Try streetmerchant.

Install git. https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git
Install node. https://nodejs.org/en/

Right click in the folder you want to run streetmerchant and open git bash.

type 'git clone https://github.com/jef/streetmerchant.git'

type 'cd streetmerchant'
type 'npm i'

Now go into your streetmerchant folder and change the environment settings to your liking according to: https://jef.codes/streetmerchant/getting-started/#customization

This means picking what stores you want to include, which models, and what your max price threshold is.

Go back to your git bash window and type 'npm run start'. Ctrl + C will stop it.

It won't buy you a card, but it will open a browser window ready for you to click 'Add To Cart' if it finds one.

Last edited:
Got a MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X via a order with a retailer. Put in the order at 4th of December, just got the card. Was too impatient to wait for my order from 19th of September (!) for an Asus RTX 3080 TUF OC. Going to cancel that. Making these “pre-orders” (more like a queue order) is fairly common here.

How do you get in the queue, is it just the arrival notice you sign up for?
Hit one of their Auto-notify buttons on that product's page and it puts you on their waiting list. Then you can confirm your timestamp here, https://www.evga.com/community/myNotifies.asp

North America tranche: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NrR71ipaJktCzT1pWj9FWxNHGWAbcxMorvRvEPaPh48/edit

For cards like the Kingpin you have to have 100 forum posts, which I did in a night in the spam threads there. (music/word games)
The last KPE drop was around 60 cards or so, at least. Now, I still don't have a card yet, but I should be in the next KPE drop I think. But it looks like the expensive card on the list are possibly being prioritized for manufacture.

KPE tranche:

Last edited:
Newegg.ca... got lucky and picked up an ASUS Strix OC about half a second after being available

Newegg.ca... got lucky and picked up an ASUS Strix OC about half a second after being available
1608766680527.png

First best buy drop on October 9th=3090 FE, before any of the bots were expecting it. That drop lasted for an eternity with how much time you had to check out...

2 from Lord Zotac, one from EVGA queue, had multiple on amazon I canceled just because I didn't want the resell hassle, also canceled most of my EVGA queues figuring they were more likely to go to real users, probably let 10x 3090 'go' on various sites. Still have one ASUS 3070 on order on Amazon that I will likely keep and sell for small finders fee as opposed to the scalpers $250+ upcharge.

Got mine on Zotac's website during one of their nightly drops.

I'd rather have an ASUS or Nvidia FE model, but at this point I'm just lucky to have one. :hungry:

Craigslist, 1hr drive Asus 3090 TUF for below MSRP also no tax $1350 total cost + some gas money I guess.

evga 3090 ftw3 ultra and Gigabyte 6080xt NE on release date; also got an evga 3080 xc3 ultra from que que.

still trying to get 3080FE from BB.

Last edited:
Just went to MC here in Columbus and waited in line for 30min and picked up a RTX 3090 MSI Gaming Trio.

Only thing is I want an eVGA FTW3 Ultra or the Asus Strix, so hopefully I can find someone willing to trade.

I just grabbed a RTX 3090 from Newegg when it became available. The biggest thing wasn't being quick (there's usually a 20 minute-ish buffer for 3090 depending on AIB) but deciding beforehand I was going to spend that much on a GPU (was targeting a 3080 or 6800 XT). The one good thing about covid this year is the extra amount of income we have due to not having anything to do or the usual money sinks (kids hockey was cancelled).

Also, it was the MSI Gaming X Trio variant I went with. Last GPU was a MSI Gaming X Trio 2080 Super - so it seems fitting.

One Ebay scalper in a nearby town has the following,

1x 3090 Strix
2x 3090FTW3 Ultra
2x 3090 Tuf Gaming
2x 3090 MSI Gaming X Trio
2x PNY 3090 XLR8

1x Zotac Gaming 3080 Halo Gaming

1x MSI 3070 Ventus 3x
1x Gigabyte 3070 gaming oc

1x Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc
1x Asus 3060 ti dual oc

1x Gigabyte RX 6800

Personally, I hope they put them in his coffin with him when they close the lid.

One Ebay scalper in a nearby town has the following,

1x 3090 Strix
2x 3090FTW3 Ultra
2x 3090 Tuf Gaming
2x 3090 MSI Gaming X Trio
2x PNY 3090 XLR8

1x Zotac Gaming 3080 Halo Gaming

1x MSI 3070 Ventus 3x
1x Gigabyte 3070 gaming oc

1x Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc
1x Asus 3060 ti dual oc

1x Gigabyte RX 6800

Personally, I hope they put them in his coffin with him when they close the lid.
Bet that scalper has been sitting on those 3090s since he has so many of them. They’re easy to get in comparison to other Ampere GPUs since the number of people looking to buy those GPUs at a $1500+ MSRP are limited let alone at an additional mark-up.

Two 3070s, both from Newegg.
First was at launch, in a bundle. Added to cart from desktop, checked out on mobile.
Second was the first batch the morning after launch. Just the card, in the style I wanted. Same method.

I returned the first.

Best Buy, first day they got stock of the 3080 FE... Got lucky.

I was persistent in my search, and I (finally) got one.

3090 - someone on here (for best friend)
3080- Newegg bundle, phone, paypal
3070- someone on here for 100 over msrp
6800 XT- Newegg, most expensive one, timed a drop with normal PC and PayPal.

Picked up a 3080 at MC in Tustin, CA went in on a midweek day around noon and they just got a truck and decided to sell the cards. They had a lot of 3080's that day I had choices. This was last week. I also got lucky on Newegg Wishlist method which I wrote an entire thread about how to cop Nvidia cards in the "Videocards" section.

EVGA 3090 FTW3. Bought it on launch morning via their Membership program. Members got first dibs and any prior EVGA owner could sign up for free.
It was a buggy/crash-filled process, but it eventually worked.

For what it's worth, I got alerts for multiple ASUS models on Amazon a couple weeks ago. I set those damned alerts the week when the cards were announced. I logged in and they were available for purchase at least 10 minutes after my alert emails showed up. Unless they're overselling them or something, it might be worth setting Amazon alerts.

I managed to pick up an EVGA 3080 XC3 by showing up at Microcenter searching for new Ryzens unsuccessfully. Got lucky with the 3080 in stock though.
Now I'm supposed to be getting a 3090 FTW3 Ultra tomorrow thanks to the EVGA queue. Probably incredibly wasteful, but I can resist everything except temptation.
I was shocked when I finally got the email with the purchase link. I didn't get on the notification list until a day or so after they announced the queue system.

Got in too late into the EVGA queue. Spent 2-3 weeks watching Discord/Newegg/BestBuy.

Ended up getting lucky by running across a random comment somewhere that someone had bought one from https://secure.jncs.com/php2/gpu.php. Looked into it and they had ~3 3080s and a few 3090s listed as in stock at the time (currently just have 3090s incoming). They don't take website orders, you have to email or call in. This was around 1am so I sent them an email with all the order info (Name, Address, Phone number, and part#/qty/price from the website), then spammed their phoneline at opening time (9am est) the following day to provide payment info and order confirmation.

EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra arrived at my door 3 days later. Price was a bit over MRSP, but they didn't charge sales tax so not too bad.

Last edited:
Actually pretty common for stores shipping out of state. I remember Newegg/Amazon for a long time charged no sale tax for unless you were buying from a state where they had a business location/warehouse.

That being said, there is a mutual sales tax agreement between NY (where JNCS is located) and the state where I live, so technically... Yes, tax should have been charged.

Actually pretty common for stores shipping out of state. I remember Newegg/Amazon for a long time charged no sale tax for unless you were buying from a state where they had a business location/warehouse.

That being said, there is a mutual sales tax agreement between NY (where JNCS is located) and the state where I live, so technically... Yes, tax should have been charged.
I may be making this out my ass but I was under the impression you get charged sales tax depending on the state you live in and in the customer state sales tax rate. Amazon I think was basically forced to charge sales tax after they've been evading it somehow for a long time (which was awesome for a customer... they frequently had super low prices, on top of saving 10-20% in tax vs buying locally in brick and mortar stores.. which was a big factor in the demise of B&M stores because anything effectively cost 10-20% more compared to buying from Amazon.. why would anyone do that other than impatience to wait for delivery from Amazon, right?

Again, might be talking out my ass but I was under the impression that's how it worked?

Personally I've never *not* been charged sales tax on my online purchases anywhere (aside from Amazon for that long period of time they didn't charge sales tax). And I've shopping online for pretty much all my electronics and more expensive and high end items exclusively online since the mid 2000s.

But you confirming they should have charged taxed legally, and also that they sold it above MSRP on top of it makes it look like they're making a nice profit from the sales. Never even heard of that site (didn't click the link), wonder how they even got shipments. Not like every store is able to, right? Like Frys and CDW couldn't even get cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: D-S
like this
I got my 3090 from Best Buy. After striking out on amd.com on 6900XT launch day I checked out bestbuy.com since I'd read they like to do launches late. I didn't see any AMD cards, but they have a bunch of NVidia stuff. I was a little too slow hitting the button when it turned yellow to grab a 3080, but managed to get a 3090 into my cart for pickup at a nearby store a few days later. More than I wanted to spend, but screw it, checked out, picked it up a few days later, vid card hunt over. Be sure you're logged in if trying to buy a card from bestbuy.com. You can't do guest checkout on these things.

But you confirming they should have charged taxed legally, and also that they sold it above MSRP on top of it makes it look like they're making a nice profit from the sales. Never even heard of that site (didn't click the link), wonder how they even got shipments. Not like every store is able to, right? Like Frys and CDW couldn't even get cards.
It's kind of nebulous as different states treat taxation differently... see https://www.thebalance.com/which-sales-tax-rate-do-i-charge-my-customers-3193251 for example.

JNCS could very well be rolling up the sales tax into their published marked up price, as they would be responsible for collecting/paying the sales taxes ultimately. I don't know.
Their website looks like ass but I did some digging into their other web presence to determine it was a legit business before placing my order. They are a small boutique builder, and their full system builds seem to be priced accordingly (ie.. overpriced - I'm surprised they are even willing to sell the cards by themselves instead of putting them in systems for an even larger markup... but I guess demand for cards far outstrips the demand for full builds)

I expect their cards are coming directly from manufacturers or distributors as they receive cards in batches and publish expected dates (currently the only thing showing is 8x EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, but at the time I bought mine they had two batches of 3080s being received a week apart).

I'm not trying to endorse them, just relaying what my experience was.

Back