How did you purchase your Nvidia 3xxx series card? Owners vote only please.

How Many People Have Been Able to Aquire an Nvidia 3xxx series card from a non-official source?

• Total voters

oldmanbal

2[H]4U
I know many of us have been searching for a new 3xxx series card since launch, and for those of you who have been fortunate enough to secure one, what has your experience been? There will be no discussion of scalpers or judging owners for their forthright sharing of experiences. Just curious what the spectrum is here at [H]

If you do not own a card, please don't vote in this poll, I appreciate your honesty. Feel free to participate in the discussion in a mindful manner.

Voted, 3060ti Gigabyte Gaming OC (Newegg combo with Oloy via iOS app + apple pay), 3070 FE (Best buy via website on release day + luck and before they added in store pickup only), 3080 Gigabyte Vision (Newegg combo with Gigabyte PSU via iOS app + apple pay)

I have been successful on Newegg, Best Buy and the EVGA queue.

EVGA queue for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra, and day of release from EVGA for a 3090 FTW3 Ultra (and boy was it a fight).

I got a 3080 here in the forums from an "un-official" source, and I got a 3060Ti from a retailer.

I'm not sure how to vote - I got mine from a "lottery" that Aorus put out for their first shipment of Xtreme cards to the US, so it was random chance, but also I purchased it directly from Aorus.

So for the people who purchased from a website, what was your secret for success?

I signed up for a 3060 Ti on Dec. 10. Anyone who signed up before Dec. 10 already get their EVGA 3060 Ti?

I signed the day before release for a friend (all models) and still no email (he got an MSI on release day in store).

Last edited:
I got mine through the eVGA retail queue system. They sent the email December 2nd in the morning. Ordered a GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra that morning and it arrived the next day (from Anaheim, CA to Santa Barbara County, CA). The card is most triumphant! Out!

I'm really happy to see how many of you were able to acquire your cards through respectable outlets. I can only imagine how many more people are still trying to get their foot in the door and get an order confirmed still. Would be a good poll for next week!

Just bought via BestBuy frustrating process striking out multiple times previously, EVGA 3090 XC3. Christmas blitz.

Scalper ebay made sure he had good feedback waited for prices to go down and purchased during a weekday. When the 3080ti comes out all hell will break loose.

My initial 30 series card was a 3080 FE on launch day. I got one of the cancelled bot orders at 11am PDT.
Every other 30 series card I've purchased has been through EVGA's queue system. With all but one going to coworkers, friends, and family at cost.
When I got my 3090 I sold my 3080 FE to a coworker at cost.

Every card I tried to buy at newegg, Bestbuy, etc I encountered errors checking out then not in stock warnings.

I signed up for a 3060 Ti on Dec. 10. Anyone who signed up before Dec. 10 already get their EVGA 3060 Ti?
I signed up 12/1/2020 11:44:07 AM PT and nothing yet. Based on the spreadsheet looks like they've just gotten past 7AM on 12/1. At least for the XC3 model I signed up for. It seems to be moving the slowest. Guessing they make more of the models with higher margins.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to vote - I got mine from a "lottery" that Aorus put out for their first shipment of Xtreme cards to the US, so it was random chance, but also I purchased it directly from Aorus.
What's this about exactly?
[....] When the 3080ti comes out all hell will break loose.
Lol. I wonder if used previous gen high-end GPU prices will go up again like they did with 2000 series and others, inlcuding Radeon RX5x00 series, when the 3080 and RX 6800s came out (and still is a problem). So a reboot of what we just experienced, with prices going sky rocket again?

I guess good times for those looking to offload various higher-end grapic cards of theirs. Soon, 1GPU will be worth more than 1BTC. Hoarding GPUs may be the wiser investment soon and people will be comparing commodities like gold, to GPUs :barefoot:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's this about exactly?
It was a one-time thing that Aorus did through their community pages on Discord and Facebook, where you filled out a sign-up sheet and they randomly selected some number of people (presumably between 200 and 500 or so) to be able to purchase an Xtreme 3080 card directly from them at MSRP. They also threw in some random Aorus swag as well.

Outside of California we didn't have to pay tax, so it actually worked out decently well.

I got an aorus master on new egg never really refreshed just decided to log in and bam there it was

Got a 3080 TUF OC from Amazon.ca. Got it at a good price too. Considering FE quickly became impossible to get in Canada, I had to cave in and pay ~75$CAD more than MSRP. No regrets so far. An amazing upgrade coming from a 1070.

Just bought via BestBuy frustrating process striking out multiple times previously, EVGA 3090 XC3. Christmas blitz.
Did the same today. What's the go to wb for this card? can't wait run 4k120 on my oled

Back