How did I manage this? (pic)

Qtip42

[H]is Modness
In between all these gold laptops, I managed to get these two things. Shipping had to be expensive, they weigh a good 40-50lbs. Teaser pic. More to come in a few weeks/month/whenever it's published.

lol1111.jpg

Blackbird cases!

Neatest case ever made by a manufacturer.. I'll buy one for $50 :p

Ok well I was excited, maybe it doesn't translate till I'm done modding them :D

I personally don't like the "radical" look of the case...

sure, its great from an OEM and has all the nice tool-less features, but bleh, it looks plain weird

I personally don't like the "radical" look of the case...

sure, its great from an OEM and has all the nice tool-less features, but bleh, it looks plain weird

Compared to this giant hunk of cow manure, those blackbird cases are downright boring ;)

Oooh, more fun stuff for the Tip-meister to play with! Get those pictures comin soon brother!

Teeeeeeaserrrrrr. Give it a month or two before you see the final photos.....in some magazine.
preview1.jpg

Any tips on getting just a blackbird case?

Ebay is currently the only way, and unfortunately Voodoo/HP has no plans to sell the cases by themselves anytime soon.
Qtip42, teasers look fantastic, hope to see some more soon, have always thought your work was fantastic and unique.

I want to take a stab at what it might be. I want to say it will look like a 50's juke box.

Just a guess. It would be kinda cool.

nice. i think those cases are pretty neat looking. looking forward to see what you've done with them.

Thanks guys. The project is finished, I just can't post pics. The case turned out pretty good but, as always, I'm a perfectionist so it wasn't perfect. Was on a strict deadline so there wasn't any time for making everything perfect + the design wasn't up to me either.

I'd post some of the reject photo concepts of the panel artwork but I'm pretty sure that'd give away the secret :D

QTips new company logo:
teeth-flavor-flav-400a071807.jpg

"At Computer Choppers . . .we will gold plate anything . . .including your choppers"

;) Aiigggtt. Blingidy Bling Bling . . .

lol...hey whatever pays the bill. I just moved into a much bigger shop so something is going right.

I do wish these cases were available for purchase somewhere. I'm growing a little tired of the same old Lian Li and Silverstone cases.

~S

Back