How could this PSU plug into a 24pin?

Gustinc

n00b
I bought a server power supply for mining purposes, which has the following cables:

12x 6+ 2pin

12x 6pin

12x6pin

Molex for fans

Didn't notice that it doesn't have a 24pin cable for a motherboard and also no cable for the SSD.
Is there a way to connect the 24pin and SSD through adapters or should I refund the PSU?

The website says that the 12x 6pins are for the motherboard. Can I just plug in 4x 6pins in the 24pin?

Also, the motherboard has 2 24pin slots. Do both of them need to be filled?

Are you using an HP/DELL server psu with breakout board? I ran this setup for a while using 6x RX 570 8GBs and one 900w/1200w HP server PSU without any issues.

1. Use a Pico ATX PSU to power the 24-pin/8-pin CPU and SATA drive
  2. Connect molex from Pico PSU to server PSU's breakout board to jump both PSUs on power button press
  3. This works best assuming you're powering all your cards with powered pcie risers

https://www.amazon.com/RGEEK-24pin-...1_1?dchild=1&keywords=pico+psu&qid=1628875357

pico.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you using an HP/DELL server psu with breakout board? I ran this setup for a while using 6x RX 570 8GBs and one 900w/1200w HP server PSU without any issues.

1. Use a Pico ATX PSU to power the 24-pin/8-pin CPU and SATA drive
  2. Connect molex from Pico PSU to server PSU's breakout board to jump both PSUs on power button press
  3. This works best assuming you're powering all your cards with powered pcie risers

https://www.amazon.com/RGEEK-24pin-...1_1?dchild=1&keywords=pico+psu&qid=1628875357

View attachment 384400
Cards are powered by risers. Mine does not have a breakout board therefore I'm just limited to the cables that come out of it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
dont think you can, its meant for a certain board. its also not a server psu, its a mining psu.

Yeah what pendragon1 said or you can find the pinout similar to a 24-pin ATX connector and use the paperclip method to jump it. You might need to ask mineshop for help on that.

Back