How could I have been so blind

ProwlerTech

Limp Gawd
I've been going to gamespot.com for years now to get info and news on games. I JUST realized tonight while browsing that they DO NOT list user reviews before they get to put their own opinion in on a game(s).

This is slightly annoying and makes me not like gamespot anymore. :mad: What sites do you all go to for in-depth info and good reviews on games?

I don't think you're going to find much better than Gamespot, dude. Anyway, 99% of the non-Gamefaqs user reviews are n00bish, anyway. Lots of 1s and 10s.

Edit: or dudette. I'm not sure.

hmm, I really don't like gamespot, don't know why...

an IGN person myself, though I don't really like them either...

the penny arcade commenting how "it looks like Ronald McDonald took a shit on IGN" somehow really hit home. After they started doing that I started to realise how stupid some aspects of that site really are.

They have good, timely news on games up there though, I only ever really check the PC section.

Stiler said:

That's where I go too. If the game has a rating over 85 then I usually just read IGN's review if the game since it's clearly good and I just need more information to decide if it's my kind of game. If the game is in the 70 to 85 range I will read all the reviews possible before deciding, and if it's below 70 then I generally just ready the IGN review to find out what wrong with it, but don't really consider buying it.

As I general rule I read IGN's review, then corroborate it with reader reviews from elsewhere. I usually find IGN to be quite a reliable source, however.

Back