How come none of the mechanical keyboard last more than 3 year, what happens to 50M keystroke guarantee?

exactly what step you did to get Logitech to replace a mouse under warranty? they never honor my warranty, they are spineless

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.logitech.com
So digging up old emails from 2017, I found this:

Logitech_Customer_Care_G500s_Warranty_Replacement_Pic1.png

Logitech_Customer_Care_G500s_Warranty_Replacement_Pic2.png

Logitech_Customer_Care_G500s_Warranty_Replacement_Pic3.png

Logitech_Customer_Care_G500s_Warranty_Replacement_Pic4.png

Logitech_Customer_Care_G500s_Warranty_Replacement_Pic5.png

Logitech_Customer_Care_G500s_Warranty_Replacement_Pic6.png

Logitech_Customer_Care_G500s_Warranty_Replacement_Pic7.png

well, you got lucky. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.logitech.com

I got very similar email. They give a lot of "I owe you", but what they said is different than what they do. IN summary, they did nothing, they said they will, but it's a total waste of time.

Attachments

• trailertrash3.JPG
    trailertrash3.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 0
  • trailertrash2.JPG
    trailertrash2.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 0
  • trailertrash1.JPG
    trailertrash1.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 0
The most expensive brand new mechanical keyboard I paid for were only ~$22, 10 keyless model, "outemu" brown / blue switch.
The best one I used right now is 2nd hand: Vortex VX9 (98 keys keyboard), I quite enjoyed typing on it. I purchased it for the same ~$22.
Talking about vortex mech keyboard, today my order has arrived: 2nd hand Vortex VX9 Pro + vortex gx-107 mouse, only costed me total ~$34.

Take a look at this beauty:
IMG_20230221_105332_HDR.jpg

98 keys layout, outemu blue switch.

Attachments

• IMG_20230221_105332_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230221_105332_HDR.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 0
Been using a Corsair K70 RGB keyboard with Cherry MX Red switches since 2015.
Still using my K70 here as well without issue and I think I got mine about the same time. Did wear some of the paint off the E key finally though. Otherwise, still works perfectly outside of the keys not illuminating about once a month waking up from sleep.

I have three mechanical keyboards; a Corsair k70, a Rosewill, and $5 upgrade cyber power mechanical keyboard on three of my machines. All are over 3 years old, and not a problem on any of them.

Nah, got an epomaker skyloong sk61 from amazon. Did put some caps on it though, forget what brand. Before that I used a cooler master. Brown switches on both.
Brown switches for the win :) click click click lol. But it's interesting to see the general quality of products decline when mass produced but that's just how it is. Mine is going on 2 years so fingers crossed

Got a decade old das keyboard, still going strong.

However, I recently acquired a logitech one (for different layout), also with blue cherry switches. The key presses feel slightly, but distinctly, more mushy on the newer keyboard, with some variability in the mushy-ness. Have the switches gone down in quality nowadays, are the ones in the new keyboard fake, or did logitech do something else to them to worsen the experience?

Would have been extremely peeved if I had paid full price for that (relative) piece of junk.

Last edited:

However, I recently acquired a logitech one (for different layout), also with blue cherry switches. The key presses feel slightly, but distinctly, more mushy on the newer keyboard, with some variability in the mushy-ness. Have the switches gone down in quality nowadays, are the ones in the new keyboard fake, or did logitech do something else to them to worsen the experience?

Would have been extremely peeved if I had paid full price for that (relative) piece of junk.
Probably variance between batches.

Probably variance between batches.
I checked the specs again; turns out it only says "blue key switches", as opposed to "cherry blue switches". The logitech keyboard doesn't have cherry switches after all.

Last edited:
I checked the specs again; turns out it only says "blue key switches", as opposed to "cherry blue switches". Turns out that the logitech keyboard doesn't have cherry switches at all.
yeah that's a trick you gotta watch for. they just say "color" key switches, or mechanical blue, but not cherry. or mx style switch

Last edited:
View attachment 549129

Dunno how accurate that is, though. Probably do a search for their company and see if they have a german website.
I've got some trackballs from Perixx and they're pretty solid even though their stuff is still the standard chinese manufactured stuff.

and how are these cheap mech. keyboard compares to brand like Razer at $200+? or what does brand like Razer gives you that these cheap mech. keyboard doesn't offer?
Used to be that you got what you paid for, but now there's a lot of sub-$50 boards that work just as well as the bigger and more expensive brands. If the brands come with longer warranties, that would be the advantage, but if not then I can't see one at all.

In addition to just using non-cherry switches, I've found a lot of variation between the type feel on boards even having the same switches. The design as a whole has a lot to do with the typing feel so the same switch on one model may not feel as good on another and vice-versa.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I checked the specs again; turns out it only says "blue key switches", as opposed to "cherry blue switches". The logitech keyboard doesn't have cherry switches after all.
At least you didn't pay full price :). I wouldn't buy a mechanical KB without knowing the specific switch used since I want to know exactly what I'm getting whenever possible.
yeah that's a trick you gotta watch for. they just say "color" key switches, or mechanical blue, but not cherry. or mx style switch
It rubs me wrong when advertising is being deliberately vague like that. I don't have any particular loyalty to Cherry but, I like mx blues well enough to stick with them. I've thought about getting a switch tester but why tempt myself :LOL:?

I've got some trackballs from Perixx and they're pretty solid even though their stuff is still the standard chinese manufactured stuff.

Used to be that you got what you paid for, but now there's a lot of sub-$50 boards that work just as well as the bigger and more expensive brands. If the brands come with longer warranties, that would be the advantage, but if not then I can't see one at all.

In addition to just using non-cherry switches, I've found a lot of variation between the type feel on boards even having the same switches. The design as a whole has a lot to do with the typing feel so the same switch on one model may not feel as good on another and vice-versa.
Cheap Chinese stuff has come a long way but I still avoid it. Warranty service likely isn't worth the trouble with that stuff if they offer it at all.

Cheap Chinese stuff has come a long way but I still avoid it. Warranty service likely isn't worth the trouble with that stuff if they offer it at all.
It has, but a lot of the keyboard stuff is actually NMIC--even though anything overseas will still have zero or nearly zero support.

I'm on year 6 with my Realforce RGB. Still like new.
I've heard build quality is excellent for them. My main board is doing well aside from shine on the caps.
1) what does modular means in this context?

2) how do they get the key switch out in the first place?
Sockets are attached to the board in some way, most likely soldered, as I understand it. The switch legs are inserted into the socket instead of soldered to the board and can be removed. A switch puller, something like this this.

Back