how come hardocp does not review evga?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the reason is that [H] reviewed an EVGA PSU and EVGA did not like the conclusion. So sense that, EVGA does not sample [H] with anything.

Again, someone correct me if I'm way of base.

It goes way back like years. I believe Kyle at one point was expected to pay for review samples if I'm not mistaken as well. Which is ridiculous honestly. I like Evga and only buy their video cards but I've also never been happy with how they treat Kyle and crew here.

I also believe that Kyle is open to reviewing anything if you buy it and donate it to him.

Seem to recall that as well, although can't recall the details. No big loss, IMO, as EVGA has really be sticking close to standard lately with card designs relative to other producers.

EVGA still has their panties in a bunch from years ago. It is so long ago that most don't remember. They seem to like partnering with Youtubers where they can have a one on one relationship. This allows them to craft the message in such a way that even when they mess up bad with their coolers, it is smoothed over gently by their partner's soothing voice. Not insinuating that they are paying for good reviews before someone gets angry at me. It comes off to me as coaching or some weird corporate hug fest with the content creators even if not intended.

Kyle never seemed to be the clingy GF type that would fit the EVGA sponsorship mold.

EVGA still has their panties in a bunch from years ago. It is so long ago that most don't remember. They seem to like partnering with Youtubers where they can have a one on one relationship. This allows them to craft the message in such a way that even when they mess up bad with their coolers, it is smoothed over gently by their partner's soothing voice. Not insinuating that they are paying for good reviews before someone gets angry at me. It comes off to me as coaching or some weird corporate hug fest with the content creators even if not intended.

Kyle never seemed to be the clingy GF type that would fit the EVGA sponsorship mold.

I think this about sums it up honestly.

I also believe that Kyle is open to reviewing anything if you buy it and donate it to him.

Due to the nature of this site and the volume of readership, is there anything that [H] could review by simply purchasing it or receiving it as a donation as you suggest, but would not be able to post the review due to some legalese within the hardware review community?

Another way of putting it: if [H] reviewed something from a hardware manufacturer that does not have a working relationship with them, would posting the review open the site up to potential litigation if in their honest opinion whatever they reviewed was crap and would the cost of that potential litigation make them reluctant to engage in such a practice in the first place?

If the answer to the question is no, then I'm sure there are enough people on here with enough hardware that we could temporarily supply retail samples to be reviewed.

Due to the nature of this site and the volume of readership, is there anything that [H] could review by simply purchasing it or receiving it as a donation as you suggest, but would not be able to post the review due to some legalese within the hardware review community?

Another way of putting it: if [H] reviewed something from a hardware manufacturer that does not have a working relationship with them, would posting the review open the site up to potential litigation if in their honest opinion whatever they reviewed was crap and would the cost of that potential litigation make them reluctant to engage in such a practice in the first place?

If the answer to the question is no, then I'm sure there are enough people on here with enough hardware that we could temporarily supply retail samples to be reviewed.
If Kyle wants to review a piece of hardware that is not given to him then he is happy to go out and buy one if it is worth his time. [H] has reviewed plenty of EVGA power supplies this way. Last review was of the EVGA 600B on April 28, 2016.

http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/psu_power_supplies/1/evga

The problem with having [H] review things is Kyle is unbiased and just lays out the facts that are tested. Like AMD I guess won;t send anything over to him.
Companies need to bring their best.

About a million years ago, HardOCP challenged the performance of the EVGA video card coolers that EVGA used to tout as lowering temp by "X" degrees.

I believe that said coolers added to the cost of the stock card.

Well, they sucked and didn't do what they were supposed to do and [H] called them on it.......end of EVGA review samples.

I think one of the evga motherboards was reviewed a while ago, after the above mentioned video card......I recall it was the X58 SLI, might have been a "Classified" variety.
The board got a fair review, no awards, but a fair review.

I haven't bought anything from EVGA in a long, long time. I dislike their gazillion different models of the same GPU,the fact that you have to pay more for a decent warranty, and I honestly don't think they are as stellar on the customer service
front as they used to be.

About 3 or 4 years ago I did have on of their motherboards, a Classified, top notch and way expensive. It started to have memory slot issues. My RMA board was warped to shit. I basically was told tough shit, it works so
fuck off. Last purchase from them.

As usual, I'm just one customer, YMMV.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Why necro this?
It's the Necromonger way?
necromonger.gif

I haven’t been on the forum in a very long time. Was trying to find some info on my old school 200 series evga card. Ended up here. Made a post. My apologies to all offended parties.

I can do video card reviews. Send me the 'donation' EVGA cards (GTX 1070 thru 1080 Ti only) and I'll post some reviews sooner or later ...

Back