How China's Social Credit System Affects Its Citizens and Businesses

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by cageymaru, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Reimu

Reimu [H]ard|Gawd

Don't be too hard on them. It's hard for some people to really see beyond their immediate experience. China is bewildering for anyone that can only base themselves from Angeo-Greco-Roman traditions, never mind just from the confines of the American experience. The French and the Russians have a better grasp when it comes to the power of the state bureaucracy in dictating the nation's direction and even public sensibilities, but there's no such analogue to the Anglo-Americans.

The Chinese structure is such that Chinese Communist Party holds the Chinese state (as a mandate) and it really is China.inc, a country-enterprise owned wholly by the party, out to make a profit for its shareholders, namely the Party itself. The level of control that a private enterprise can have over its workers are easily available to the CPC (Chinese Communist Party) with 1.4 billion souls on the payroll. That's the thing about it. The myriad of private enterprises within China are merely subsidiaries that are held by the party to varying degree at the end of the day, and all the souls are on the clock of China.Inc from dust to dust.

2. Biznatch

Biznatch 2[H]4U

Getting blowback for voluntarily posting stupid shit on a public platform is your own fault..... This is completely different to what china is doing, where that is NOT voluntary and WILL affect your life.

I'm guessing that depends on the field. I work in development/tech, and a large number of people in the field avoid social media. Having a public github and actively working on public projects on the other hand is MUCH more helpful for my work than some stupid narcissistic page filled with pictures/comments.