How can you make the Bios Store your Windows 10 Product Key

Sparks79

n00b
I have an MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 Mother Board.
I am Using Windows 10 Pro.
I have a Paid License Key which has been Activated.
This Key is Functioning OK.
When I Enter it , Windows is Activated.
I have never had to Enter that Key since the First time.
And each time I did a clean install of windows , it was Activated Automatically .
However now after a clean install I have to Enter the Key manually.
I am suspecting that the Key should be Stored in The Bios Somewhere.
But I do not know Where in the Bios that Setting is.
Could someone Please Help.

The key is stored online. Your hardware profile is stored by the microsoft servers, so if you change too many things at the same time it may not automatically activate. For example, if you put a new SSD, upgraded the CPU and added a second RAM kit you may not get it to auto activate. Also, sometimes it will do that if you change secure boot settings.

The key is stored online. Your hardware profile is stored by the microsoft servers, so if you change too many things at the same time it may not automatically activate. For example, if you put a new SSD, upgraded the CPU and added a second RAM kit you may not get it to auto activate. Also, sometimes it will do that if you change secure boot settings.

The only thing that it's actually bound to is the motherboard. You should be able to change every other component without issue.

The only thing that it's actually bound to is the motherboard. You should be able to change every other component without issue.

Its a full profile, sometimes you trigger it and sometimes you don't. I've found swapping the CPU to be the most reliable to get it to not auto activate. I think their criteria are kind of wonky. Like back when I had a 3700X and upgraded to a 5800X it popped off even though I never changed anything else at all. I simply had to type the key in again and off it went.

Thank you All for that Info.
So from that I think my problem should be Fixable in the Secure Boot Area of the Bios.
I'll do some Research on Secure Boot and report back.
I'm a bit busy right now but some time in the next 24hrs

Back