How can you connect three QNIX QX2710 Evolution II's to a single GPU?

DarkDubzs

Limp Gawd
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-QNIX-QX...te-/121117252582?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160
http://www.ebay.com/itm/QNIX-QX2710...3797?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1e7c39ae25

So the QNIX QX2710 only has a DVI-D connection because of a bypass board for no input lag, better performance, and ability to OC. There are no other connections on it. This is what the standard board looks like, and this is basically what the bypass board looks like... note only the DVI connection and audio jack. So, I saw some triple monitor set ups of this one, like this, and this godly setup. So I got to wondering if they can be hooked up with a single graphics card. Lets say the MSI GTX 970 4G, for example. It has DVI-D and DVI-I (both dual link), along with HDMI and DP. Could two monitors be hooked up to the two DVI connections and the third to either the HDMI or DP with an active adapter? Is there any way three of these monitors could be hooked up and run normally with just one gpu? What about just two?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You can use a dual-link DVI.
You can use a dual-link DVI to HDMI cable (I have one, and it worked - even though many say it can't be done. I had to set it to "CVT Blanking.")
Then, I think you can use a DP to DVI-D or HDMI adapter.

You can use a dual-link DVI.
You can use a dual-link DVI to HDMI cable (I have one, and it worked - even though many say it can't be done. I had to set it to "CVT Blanking.")
Then, I think you can use a DP to DVI-D or HDMI adapter.

So the DVI-I straight to one, second monitor using DVI-D port with the cable, and the third with the adapter? Is that what you meant? Sorry, got a little confused with the wording.

So the DVI-I straight to one, second monitor using DVI-D port with the cable, and the third with the adapter? Is that what you meant? Sorry, got a little confused with the wording.

GPU -> Monitor

DVI-Dual -> DVI-Dual
HDMI -> DVI-Dual
DisplayPort -> DVI-Dual or HDMI. (I believe this requires an "Active" Adapter.)

GPU -> Monitor

DVI-Dual -> DVI-Dual
HDMI -> DVI-Dual
DisplayPort -> DVI-Dual or HDMI. (I believe this requires an "Active" Adapter.)

Oh okay, got you. Yeah, an active adapter is needed, and they are expensive, like $100. I can imagine a single GTX 970 would get like 20 fps at 7680x1440 lol. Would it be possible to disable one or two of the monitors when you want to game, to keep the fps up, but then enable all three for like casual use or for like a workstation (like one monitor has browser window, second has photoshop, third has something else)?

Oh okay, got you. Yeah, an active adapter is needed, and they are expensive, like $100. I can imagine a single GTX 970 would get like 20 fps at 7680x1440 lol. Would it be possible to disable one or two of the monitors when you want to game, to keep the fps up, but then enable all three for like casual use or for like a workstation (like one monitor has browser window, second has photoshop, third has something else)?

Don't enable surround, and they'll act as separate monitors. Play your game on just one, and you'll be fine; there's no need to disable the other two.

Last edited:
Back